car is spitting a small bit!

JohnOBrien8

Member +
yeah thats what i need to do just waiting on Chris@CCM hes goin to do and engine checkover and set the car up with fcd and fpr!
have a few fault codes coming up when i do a diagnostic test aswell, 14,31and 34

Tanz

Lifer
yeah thats what i need to do just waiting on Chris@CCM hes goin to do and engine checkover and set the car up with fcd and fpr!
have a few fault codes coming up when i do a diagnostic test aswell, 14,31and 34

Ya ahh very good,,did you reset the ecu after doing the test and take it for a drive and redo the diagnostic....

rosso321

Member +
Alright my car is doin the same drove from athlone to mullingar and noticed on ildle a lot of condinsation smoke when a warm day a lot of smoke then nor reved it good bit of blue smoke and oily smell and got my bro to drive behind me and he sawq a bit of blue smoke same as yours I was told valve seals are on the way out like most vtec yokes p.m me after your get an compression test to see am I on the same boat as you thaks
Ross

JohnOBrien8

Member +
ok guys!reset the ecu and took the car for a good spin,checked my faults and the engine check light is flashing as normal so hopefully thats sorted ill check it again in a few days!
done a compression test also,i think its good news,i got 120PSI on all cylinders,ino that is a bit low but seeing as they are all the same would that just indicate maybe there,s a thicker HG on it or what do you guys think??
cheers
John

JohnOBrien8

Member +
ok re-done the test with the throttle open this time and a brand new tester and i got 150psi across all cylinders!Just shows how much difference the throttle position makes!how does that results sound?
cheers
John

JohnOBrien8

Member +
Is that a big job aidan?heard a few peolpe saying ya can do them without lifting the head!if ya compress the cylinder with air it will keep the valves up?can ya do this on this engine or is that waffle!?

BUMP!!! im in the same boat mate!!! blu-ish smoke and an oily smell.. have been told by a few people that they recon it's the vavle stem seals.. but i haven't done a compression test or a sniff test. going to do both probably but i've heard that sometimes you can get hold of a tool to replace the seals without whipping the head off.

any replies much appreciated!

thanks, tom.

JohnOBrien8

Member +
My smoke hasn,t been to bad lately so im not so worried!it was always just a small amount of white smoke when ticking over!yeah,i done a compression test and my results were ok,never done a sniff test tho!yeah if you adapt a spark plug so you can hook it up to an airline and compress the cylinder,this will keep the valves from dropping!