top gear usa

Ted

Member +
you'd think it would be so easy, all they had to do was copy an already popular show.

but no, what a lame ass effort. these guys on this show suck.

Ben89

Lifer
I have to agree with you there it's pure rubbish! Although when I was in the states they were showing the British version on bbc America almost everyday, so it's obviously quite popular!

dac69er

Super Moderator
the show is exactly the same. just doesnt have the chemistry of the uk presenters. but to be fair the uk version took a few lineup changes to get it right.

danb87

South East England Area Rep
i saw the end of one tonight, didn have the same feeling as the uk one. yank try way too hard too be funny, an tbh they failed lol ill be sticking with clarkson,hampster an captain slow for now :)

bullshit saw one the other day
tryin to drive one side of a town to the other in a viper tryin not to get "blown up by a helicopter"
ten times better when the uk version did it

dac69er

Super Moderator
bullshit saw one the other day
tryin to drive one side of a town to the other in a viper tryin not to get "blown up by a helicopter"
ten times better when the uk version did it

but the british one is utter bullshit. the stunt things they do are identical. the only thing that is different are the presenters. which do honestly such a bit.

Ben89

Lifer
I agree with dac, it's the on screen chemistry with Clarkson, may and Hammond that make the uk show what it is. Also the sarcastic type comedy is well too forced with yank presenters. But I would think they'd eventually get it right!

dark_knight

Member +
@ dac69er: are you kidding when you say that the uk top gear is bs..? seriously..? hope you have a sense of humor.. :/

dac69er

Super Moderator
i have a sense of humour. but the same joke every week and the same tired old recycled crap is just tedious. it was funny the 1st 200000000 times. but they seriously need to change the format as its getting very tired.

A shit show based on a shit show. The u.k one has gone to the dogs too used to be great now its just a soap and you cant believe anything in it. 5th gear is better than it at this stage least its a proper car show.

dac69er

Super Moderator
A shit show based on a shit show. The u.k one has gone to the dogs too used to be great now its just a soap and you cant believe anything in it. 5th gear is better than it at this stage least its a proper car show.

100% agree. 5th gear went a bit shit, but at the moment its pretty good. and as you say, its actually a car show

martin82

Member +
as soon as the yanks opened their mouths i turned over, was on the other night before family guy which was annoying as its normally on after.

Top Gear UK is getting a bit long in the tooth now, although that doesn't stop me watching re-runs on Dave and new ones but its all a bit same ole now.

5th Gear has improved no end since they cut it too a 30 minute show and ditched most of the presenters (they had a stupid amount at one point) and just focused on the cars.