gym users - weight training supplements

richglanzav

Member +
hi guys does anybody use supplements/whey protein etc?

im a qualified Personal Trainer but i aint got a clue when it comes to supplements and stuff like that...ive got considerably stronger for my size...but i want to just get a bit bigger. not as big as arnie, but just a bit more size.

to give you an idea of my shape, im 6ft 3' and weigh 13 stone 6lb's...my bodyfat is around 18% so fairly slim but i can push a decent amount of weight. ive got a decent frame so i know a bit more size is possible.

what stuff you guys takin? lol

H_D

Member +
http://monstersupplements.com/

Gold standard whey protien is really good to put on mass and size i belive its made by optimum nutrition,

PHd iso-7 protein is good to put on lean size quick,

its also worth looking at branch chain amino acid supplements as well to incorperate into your diet.

Last edited:

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
my protein instant oats
my protein dextrose
my protein impact whey
my protein creatine monohydrate

as you can see I like the my protein brand lol. But in all seriousness, they're stuff is brilliant and very well priced.

The impact whey isnt loaded with sugar and sweetners and has over 80% protein content.
The instant oats is 100% oats that have been grinded to powder for ease of mixing with a shake.

And if you do go for My protein, stick in my referral code : MP424952 :)

wee-jo

Member +
Optimum nutrition serious mass. 30 odd pound for a 6kg bag on ebay and it has creatine pre-mixed in the powder already. Or USN hyperbolic mass is decent aswell but a bit pricey at 50 quid for a 6/7kg tub. Also bsn cellmass is good for putting on size.

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
Optimum nutrition serious mass. 30 odd pound for a 6kg bag on ebay and it has creatine pre-mixed in the powder already. Or USN hyperbolic mass is decent aswell but a bit pricey at 50 quid for a 6/7kg tub. Also bsn cellmass is good for putting on size.

That serious mass stuff is dear IMO. works out around £2 per serving.

nazzurro19

Member +
Dont use whey optimum nutrition gold if you want size its an isolate and also has the lowest carb and sat content in all protein shakes , its good i use it but if i wanted to bulk i wudnt use it atm im cutting so using it as its low in carbs and sats but high in protein to keep my muscle

triple j

Member +
maximuscle cyclone will sort u out creatine and all u need is in there to get quick gains, its the best i have used and i used them all including the ones that are being talked about here,

lleey2k4

Member +
I have been using Myprotein Rich.

I did 2 months on the Hard gainer half way through December until last week and went from 11 stone 4 to 12 stone 8 and im 5 foot 10, and dont seem to have put on anymore body fat.

Now i had a 20% off voucher for the True Whey it has BCAA's in also so should be ok and had that then il be on that impact whey after that.

How do you work out body fat %??

triple j

Member +
I have been using Myprotein Rich.

I did 2 months on the Hard gainer half way through December until last week and went from 11 stone 4 to 12 stone 8 and im 5 foot 10, and dont seem to have put on anymore body fat.

Now i had a 20% off voucher for the True Whey it has BCAA's in also so should be ok and had that then il be on that impact whey after that.

How do you work out body fat %??

I think that could be a bit of water retention, a stone in 2 months u would find it hard for rides to get a solid stone in two months, get your body fat checked out in the gym the will weigh an check your hight then use a little machine to check it out,

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
I think that could be a bit of water retention, a stone in 2 months u would find it hard for rides to get a solid stone in two months, get your body fat checked out in the gym the will weigh an check your hight then use a little machine to check it out,

Yea i would say most of that is water retention

I was on cyclone at the start, good stuff with creatine, hmb, glutamine, bcaa's but by fuck you would need to take out a mortgage if you were on that stuff. If you take the servings it says to, it works out 10 days, and at £40 odd quid, no thanks. You can all the ingredients thats in cyclone from my protein for much less.

lots and lots of chicken and turkey and milk protein mate, if you have to take supplements to gain size/strength your not eating enough, supplements are a booster in my eyes. bulkpowders protein is amazing quality for the price. i eat 6000 calories a day but am 21 stone haha

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
cheers lads gna try the impact whey protein stuff. 15quid. worth a shot.

You can get sample packs for like a pound or something of them. Personally find the strawberry and raspberry the nicest. And use as little as water as possible, slightly under the the recommended amount of water or it can become very watery and lose flavour.

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
lots and lots of chicken and turkey and milk protein mate, if you have to take supplements to gain size/strength your not eating enough, supplements are a booster in my eyes. bulkpowders protein is amazing quality for the price. i eat 6000 calories a day but am 21 stone haha

Agree, you will get no better than food, but if like me, at work and a very very busy lifestyle, i simply dont have time to make 5 or 6 protein rich foods. So two of the meals i substitute for 60g impact whey which has about 50g protein and 100g oats in each shake

triple j

Member +
Water surely, Its very expensive alright but i found it the best for putting fast weight on, i didnt train in about 8 months and am fadeing away but am thinking of going back to my boxing club have bin boxing since i was young on and off.

lukep

Member +
I make my own protein bars there simple and no oven needed

350g reduced fat peanut butter
350g honey
120g oats
200g whey

Warm the peanut butter and honey in a pan or microwave untill runny. Hand mix the oats and whey together then mix properly the honey/peanut butter into oats/whey. Flatten out on a tray, Refrigerate for 30mins then cut into 20 equal sizes (50gram-ish).

I use strawberry flavour whey and you can also add fruit or choc bits. And there very nice.

I found the recipe on the Internet a few months ago.