3SGTE start up: A closer look.

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Setup B will involve major performance upgrades to acheive minimum 450-500HP, and as you may be aware, this is a 3SGTE so yeh, that power can easily be achieved with supporting mods and the over supply of aftermarket items.

The 3SGTE isn't a great engine lad, you will run a serious risk going over 400hp with the block cracking in 1 of 3 problem areas, just don't bore it out by more than 0.5mm, your can get 0.25mm oversized pistons from CP, I'd even be inclined to go for them.

Will be good to see it forged up and running more power though.

Edit: I'm sure you will come on to argue with me so thought I would just add, yes I do own a 3SGTE MR2 aswell as the Starlet and the starlet pisses all over it and reliably runs over 500hp with no block cracking carryon.

Rev

Member +
The 3SGTE isn't a great engine lad, you will run a serious risk going over 400hp with the block cracking in 1 of 3 problem areas, just don't bore it out by more than 0.5mm, your can get 0.25mm oversized pistons from CP, I'd even be inclined to go for them.

Will be good to see it forged up and running more power though.

Edit: I'm sure you will come on to argue with me so thought I would just add, yes I do own a 3SGTE MR2 aswell as the Starlet and the starlet pisses all over it and reliably runs over 500hp with no block cracking carryon.

> There you have it more power to be had but a very experienced heads up about the 3SGTE block natural limits - Repped

Last edited:

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
In fairness it will make the 500 easier than a starlet and be more streetable but if you've any sense bin the 3SGTE block and buy a 5SFE bottom end and forge that.

Skalabala

Member +
One of my tuners says one of the 3SGTE series block is very strong and also says there is no way telling unless you take it for sonar.
But I was wondering why just not weight the block?
Yes the weak 3SGTE block twists and go boom, hehe.
But keep up the good work TheStarletGT :)

richglanzav

Member +
lol yes the so called top secret engine mount is infact a standard door hinge. the bottom of the engine sits about 5mm off the floor and pretty much half the whole front of the car has been mutilated to make room for the 3sgte lmao. its a serious DIY job going on here. it might drive but god help him if he ever meets a bump in the road.

u can tell hes a well respected chap tho check his rep lol

EDIT: LMFAO check this vid http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCordiaMASTER#p/u/18/-MsZEkvju9Y at 1 minute 55 onwards LMFAO this guy is fucked up

Last edited:

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
i think this guy recons hes the first person to make an engine mount before haha.

Phil

Super Moderator
i think this guy recons hes the first person to make an engine mount before haha.

you mean someone has tried this ground breaking science before? surely no1 else could succeed without TheStarletGT mans incredible brain power?

to the batmobile and beyond.

Phil

TheStarletGT

Member +
lol yes the so called top secret engine mount is infact a standard door hinge. the bottom of the engine sits about 5mm off the floor and pretty much half the whole front of the car has been mutilated to make room for the 3sgte lmao. its a serious DIY job going on here. it might drive but god help him if he ever meets a bump in the road.
Only in your dreams, you say door hinge, yes rightyo. You have no clue what the condition of the car is in, it doesnt matter to me what you say cos there is a bunch of people exactly like you and all i know is that you are 0% correct, hahhaha fool.

Anything else you want to make up?

Last edited:

buckets

Member +
any pictures of under the car lad what sort of clearance are we looking at here ,if its low you could run bigger wheels :)

SupaStu

Member +
Its not a cat its a chazwozza!

Hahaha, I saw the same thing was like wtf, I am nearly in tears watching the video, and seeing a cat? under the car. I'm sorry my post is not a helpful post, but I did love the video, when is part two out?

Last edited:

corofin12345

Member +
Only in your dreams, you say door hinge, yes rightyo. You have no clue what the condition of the car is in, it doesnt matter to me what you say cos there is a bunch of people exactly like you and all i know is that you are 0% correct, hahhaha fool.

Anything else you want to make up?

why are you such a tool..? seriously, all of your videos are just weird and i havent come across one yet that you havent praised yourself in... remove a few ribs and you will reach your goal buba....

TheStarletGT

Member +
Engine has 12cms clearance.
Gearbox has like 11cms clearance

richglanzav: Your credibility has just been wiped off the board, haha moron.

10mmzpi.jpg

Ted

Member +
would help if you actually measured the lowest point! think that type of measuring comfirms the type of engineer you are(or rather arent)

probably jacked it up anyway so your big head would fit underneath

Last edited: