speedvision cams

Martin Broon

Member +
well my cams are fuked, not sure whats happend but will find out tomoz, low oil preasure and starved the cams of oil i think? its in das tek the now
getting looked at, if i need new cams what do you all sugest? im running 330 bhp with 1.5 bar

Rory

Lifer
How low are we talking on the oil pressure? I would also look at the bearings in the bottom end aswell.

Skalabala

Member +
Strip the whole engine I would say. Rather safe than sorry, especially the power you are running.
Oil problem can lead to destruction of your forged engine!

azerty

Supermoderator
as other said, bottom end has tendency to go before cams. so i would inspect closely on that side

AdamB

Member +
As everyone else is saying, bottom end is more likely to go before cams. Either that or you have a blockage in the oil passage that leads upto the cylinder head. With stripping it down to make sure.
I would try tighe cams, they do quite a range for the 4e.

AdamB

Member +
As everyone else is saying, bottom end is more likely to go before cams. Either that or you have a blockage in the oil passage that leads upto the cylinder head. With stripping it down to make sure.
I would try tighe cams, they do quite a range for the 4e.

Martin Broon

Member +
had a blockage in the oil passage :( the cylinder head is all fuked and the cams, the cams were out by nearly 7000 degree?!!, could the bottom end of
been damaged? as i dont want to get the garage to check it and it ends up fine and costing me money which i could put towards a new top end?

AdamB

Member +
As far as I know there's only one oil passage that goes upto the cylinder head, it's on the left bottom side cambelt end of the block.
Strip the engine buddy, you wanna do it right the first time! Chances are the bottom end MAY be ok, but due to the oil starvation you could have fried the bottom end bearings.

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
why did you have a blockage, id think the cause of that also needs investigating..
also like others have said check your bottom end...