ep85/95 exhausts???

dac69er

Super Moderator
just looking for ideas of the best routing. want to see pics of the exhaust fitted if possible, but pics off the car would be a big help too.

not side exits, unless they are exiting from behind the rear wheel back!

thanks

dac69er

Super Moderator
give us a day or so , its jacked up at the minute

top man, thanks :)

just out of interest, what bore pipework is your exhaust? i want to go 2.5" but clearance is so tight i might have to settle for 2"

Ted

Member +
mine is 2.5 inch, custom made, goes up over the axle with exhaust valve at the back

dac69er

Super Moderator
anyone have any pics????? i have decided to run the exhaust all the way to the rear, up and over the axle. its getting there. its taking me ages and lots and lots of tweaks.

im a bit undecided what sort of backbox to have? either a small silencer that just comes straight out or a larger oval silencer similar to stock which exits out under the centre of the bumper.

any ideas or opinions?

the welds still needed cleaned and tidied up in these pics, 2.5" all the way with a back box cut in half :)

dscf35461.jpg

dscf35451.jpg

dscf35421.jpg

dscf35442.jpg

dscf35431.jpg

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
cheers mate. i see you have welded on an extra hanger.

problem i have found it making sure it doesnt hang too low and then making sure it doesnt run too close to anything and room is very limited. yours does look like it hangs quite low :eek:

mine is a work in progress. getting some more welding done on it this evening, but here it is at the moment:

IMG-20120414-00200.jpg

once its done i will get pics of it on the car. it has taken me about 3 weeks on and off to get it this far and it has cost me about £15 (the cost of the flexi).

dac69er

Super Moderator
teds is quite low too!!!!!!

as long as it doesnt scrape it fine. mines is quite low though as i have it slammed on meister coilovers. just want maximum ground clearance!

Ted

Member +
think the camera angle doesnt help. as its tight up beside the transfer box its not that low at all.

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
Mines all 2.5 with a shortened evo hks backbox. When I get chance I will get some pics. It's tight over the axle and could be tucked up a bit more but its ok. Mines right up against the transfer box too.

dac69er

Super Moderator
here are a few pics of mine. still need to finish the bit over the axle and have some sort of backbox at the rear, but its almost there.

IMG-20120415-00219.jpg

IMG-20120415-00213.jpg

IMG-20120415-00216.jpg