Confused!

KrisGt-turbo

Member +
Need some help here ppl, i was driving a wee corsa for a year there and didnt have any accidents and managed to earn my 1 years ncd. Got rid of that and got myself a proper car, a gt turbo and managed to get it insured ok...but!! my insurance company said that my no claims bonus cannot be used on my new car???? i have never heard of this or any of my mates :S
I thought the ncd stayed with the person and not the car..quite annoying lol

KrisGt-turbo

Member +
Yeah full year without a bump or fa, nah gonna phone them up tomorrow and see what the crac is with it, could save me a fortune!
Is that your Caladina gt that sits at the bottom of my road John? its mint like!

Arnold

Lifer
Have you got written confirmation from the corsa insurance company / renewal that you have one years NCB? they should honour that if you send it. What insurance company are you using now?

redz11

Fresh Recruit
you need to get a confirmation of your no claims bonus gained with that company you insured the corsa with.. they usually honor it if you give them a nice polite call.

gv1.3

Admin
If you have it in writing from your previous insurer that you have 1 years NCB then I would call up your new insurance company and inform them of that. If they say they cannot accept it I would ask for that in writing from them with details of why they are not satisfied with your NCB.

You should always ask for these things in writing, many times when you do they adjust their position on the matter!

redz11

Fresh Recruit
If you have it in writing from your previous insurer that you have 1 years NCB then I would call up your new insurance company and inform them of that. If they say they cannot accept it I would ask for that in writing from them with details of why they are not satisfied with your NCB.

You should always ask for these things in writing, many times when you do they adjust their position on the matter!

This! definatly query why they wont accept it, because you have earnt it and have proof.

weeJohn

Lifer
Yeah full year without a bump or fa, nah gonna phone them up tomorrow and see what the crac is with it, could save me a fortune!
Is that your Caladina gt that sits at the bottom of my road John? its mint like!

Yes mate, it doesnt get washed to often but lol.