Want another car that is super economical on fuel.

Hi guys,

Looking for some advice on what else to buy that is really good on fuel. I'm going to keep my starlet but I need a daily runner that does 40 plus mpg really. although my budget is about 500-650 quid.

Was thinking about a cheap little KA. any thoughts?

Many thanks, Tom.

ASHep82

Member +
I have a x reg Nissan micra as my second 1.0 I get about 35 mpg, very reliable only ever had change the cv joint,battery and spark plugs and the usual stuff like tyres and engine oil. Had the car for 4 years

AdamB

Member +
Don't bother with a KA, they start rusting about 4 years after being driven off the forecout.

I used to have a pug 306 1.4 petrol that was ace, was very good on fuel, managed to get 800 miles out of a tank once when I was travelling from Oxford down to Devon. You could try and possibly get a diesel version, but they are slightly more expensive.

Failing that saxo 1.0l aren't bad, but insurance would be a lot higher.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
I have a x reg Nissan micra as my second 1.0 I get about 35 mpg, very reliable only ever had change the cv joint,battery and spark plugs and the usual stuff like tyres and engine oil. Had the car for 4 years

I get 35mpg out of my 1.3 micra turbo so I wouldn't say 35mpg out of a 1 litre is good.

dac69er

Super Moderator
my girlfriends old 1.3 n/a ep91 did 40mp consistently. did a bit better in the summer due to warming up quicker.

redz11

Fresh Recruit
my girlfriends old 1.3 n/a ep91 did 40mp consistently. did a bit better in the summer due to warming up quicker.

Ive had 55mpg out of my glanza S, on the way to london! theyre not bad on fuel, same with ep91 n/a's aslong as youre cruising at 60 at just below 3k revs fuel is great ive noticed!

STARLET N/A

Member +
easiest car to find and one that is reliable is a micra. my bro's one gives 45mpg local and 50mpg on motorway, important thats its serviced regulary, chain driven engines. never has burnt a drop of oil, cant fault the engines.

only thing that wrong with it is heater only works on full now.

rosso321

Member +
My old ep 81 was great on fuel with the steallys . My gt turbo get 37 plus mpg. But get a n/a starlet bullet proof and very economical and tax.