hitting full boost but car seems not pulling

Ashrafi

Member +
Hi Guys, have a Toyota Corolla Ae 101 with a 4efte engine.

spec of lightly modified engine are:
light weight flywheel
FCD
FPR
free flow air filter
boosting 1bar
FMIC (small one)
straight 2" pipe from turbo to muffler (cta and resonator removed)

The problem is the car does not seems to be pulling hard when hitting full boost (1 bar). it feels like nothing happens at full boost.
Have checked plugs and gapped it to 0.44mm,ignition and coil ok. timing is set to 10"
am using denso ik20 irridium.
i dont know what to check else? :(any help would be very much appreciated brothers.
one thing ive noticed is if i hard rev the engine, i get lots of brown smoke or even if i hard drive, i get that puff of brown smoke..

plzzzzz help me, this car was so much fun to drive when it was ok.:(

Ashrafi

Member +
its pulling well from 0 to 0.7 bar but when it reaches 1bar the car seems not pulling anymore.

no water through the cylinders. com test is from 142 to 146 across all cylinders,

moreover the plugs have no trace of oil or carbon, its browny in colour, if the rings were messing,it would certainly been oily. one thing ive noticed is the car is gulping a bit more of fuel these days and is a bit less torquey.

Last edited:

weeJohn

Lifer
If the plugs are that colour it sounds like its fueling ok but I suppose its worth checking. You could try swapping over the map sensor with another turbo sensor and see if that makes any difference.

Ashrafi

Member +
am running 1bar since a year with no problem at all, and it was pulling a hell hard b4 on the motorway,on 3rd gear i always pulled it till 180kmh and still pulling and pulling

Skalabala

Member +
Hi Guys, have a Toyota Corolla Ae 101 with a 4efte engine.

spec of lightly modified engine are:
light weight flywheel
FCD
FPR
free flow air filter
boosting 1bar
FMIC (small one)
straight 2" pipe from turbo to muffler (cta and resonator removed)

The problem is the car does not seems to be pulling hard when hitting full boost (1 bar). it feels like nothing happens at full boost.
Have checked plugs and gapped it to 0.44mm,ignition and coil ok. timing is set to 10"
am using denso ik20 irridium.
i dont know what to check else? :(any help would be very much appreciated brothers.
one thing ive noticed is if i hard rev the engine, i get lots of brown smoke or even if i hard drive, i get that puff of brown smoke..

plzzzzz help me, this car was so much fun to drive when it was ok.:(

If this is true then you are not burning fuel at full boost.

Ashrafi

Member +
changed the spark plugs yesterday to new Denso ik20, changed exhaust, reset the ecu and the accelaration seems more powerfull,but need to take it on the motorway for a hard drive. but overall the car seems better now.

Ashrafi

Member +
unfortunately we have only one place that does dyno, but from thee feedback i got from my friends are that its not professional and the guy does not know how to calibrate the dyno and resulting to false results. it can cost you around rupees 3k. not worth it

jam

Member +
unfortunately we have only one place that does dyno, but from thee feedback i got from my friends are that its not professional and the guy does not know how to calibrate the dyno and resulting to false results. it can cost you around rupees 3k. not worth it

Hi, my advice is a good piggy back such as emb and emu. it will solve your problem with a good tune according to AFR using a wideband. I have 1 emb new + full harness at only RS10,000 for you. if interested please contact me on Tel: 7675024 Thanks