Spuddy's ECC Tuned 570BHP Starlet (Highest BHP Known 5E)

Killamats

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.toyotagtturb
What you need now is get the power to the ground, cant wait to see a good 10s run this car should be more than capable :)

weeJohn

Lifer
Heard this running today, it really does sound like a bike engine when its revving, all the way to 9000 revs!!!

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Only got 2 runs in one of which the timing gear messed up, only ran a 12.3 on the other run which I bogged down going to second gear, car felt really good though, 3rd gear just keeps going and going lol.

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
What gearbox have you got? 163Mph in 4th is a serious speed and doesn't sound lilke a short ratio to me.

Running straight cut gears, slightly altered rations but not a million miles off Glanza gearing, the high revs being used and the 24.5" slicks increase the gearing up a fair bit.

GI BOY

Member +
12.3 is fuckin shit i hate to say this but has to be said ye put a lot of money in the car at this satge and i like to see you hit yr goal like in all fairness sean ran 12.6 with 317bhp 1 wheel drive???? get to the pod the car is too much for irelands drag tracks

Rory

Lifer
Mabey a crap time but when your pushing the usual boundries of 300-350 hp then the grip levels will be halfed again.
Even with big slicks they wont work well on an old airfield.

Bearing in mind this car is in development stages yet ;)

Dan3SGTE

Member +
lovely power :) quarter mile times blah blah... Your cars obviously much more capable then a 12.3 so i wouldnt watch that at all... The car must literally FLY!

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Car goes real well, in fairness I'll never run it at 570hp in this country, no point spinning the full length of the track. 12.3 was a great time when I was complety off the powerband a good half second in 2nd gear, that said I need to look into one thing though, the boost controller recorded a peak boost level of 0 yet it recorded all the vacum readings fine, 12.3 might be with no boost lol, 60fts where 0.2sec slower but I have a 2 inch hole in the left slick and a 1 inch hole in the right slick so the tyres have seen their day, seems they don't like dynos. Terminal was only 120mph, also an indicator of how low it was set, I was trapping 130 every run the last day out when I was giving it some stick.

Only wanted to see how it was running to cure any potential problem, not blow it up before I hit the pod. At this stage of the game I'd say its not a case of will something break, more like when will something break so it would need to be for a good reason.

Last edited:

Fatman

Member +
Good stuff mate! Very cool seeing somebody push the boundaries. I hope when you did the gear ratios you tried to eliminate the huge torque hole between 1st and second gear? If not, make sure you're hitting your limiter in 1st. It's absolutely key to getting a good time out of these. I think I have a graph posted around the place to demonstrate why

any pics or vidsof those shakedown passes on this beast?? or spec sheet sounds very interesting also congrats on those power figures now its "hooking" time.. thats where im at the suspension tuning.. what 60ft times are you running?? what psi are your slicks at aswell...

you should also try to use a street tire with a good compound on those dyno passes for one you wont grenade your slicks and two keep in mind the sidewall flex and expansion also dictates some fluctuations on your dyno graph as it flexes it puts more load on the tire vs roller contact patch a street tire with a firmer side wall and less flex would give you a smoother graph a little more consistent for the tune fluctuations aswell.. you know..

Last edited:

Paul_JJ

Member +
570 bhp on the standard driveshafts? Can you put a full list of mods by any chance?

When I are you going to Santa Pod? I want to see your car!