hybrid ct9 or td05

toyotagt

Member +
well i no its been covered everyday.... but i cant get my head around it....

if i had a ct9 hybrid at 1 bar on 5e,
and td05 racetech kit at 1 bar on 5e,

wat would be better?

would the lag be bad..

i no the hybrid will pull earlier and quicker..

the td05 wont kick in till about after 4k..

but would the td05 pick up and stay in full boost during gear changes.,

and in a race.. wat one win?

toyotagt

Member +
useable power.. no point sayin i have 400 bhp if its all lag and a hybrid wil piss all over it u get me?

i trying to decide wat il keep for my car.

AdamB

Member +
td04 on a 5e is ace, would start spooling by 2000rpm. Although it will run out of puff at the top end of the rev range. Theres always a compromise.

toyotagt

Member +
i dunno tho. never had the hybdir on 5e.. but the td05 dont do anything on 5e till 4k. dont think tdo4 would at 2 anyway.

i'd strongly advise against putting any form of ct9 (stock or hybrid) on a 5e, especially to run 14/15psi

its just too small for a 5e

Skalabala

Member +
Yes the CT9 turbine wheel and housing will be over stressed on a 5E.
A CT9 is actually to small for a 4E
A TD04L will be a great option :)
You can get 250HP on 1bar with a TD04, and you will see 1bar before where the TD05 starts to boost

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Ive driven a TD05 on 5E and there is very little lag and it would pull away easily from a CT9 turbo of the same spec car at least from 3rd gear upwards

GI BOY

Member +
if both cars same spec the tdo5 will detory the ct9 .. what you want is 5e tdo4 but if yr planning on running 260-300bhp id go for the tdo5 for the pull.. yea the tdo4 will spool in quicker but it will die off on top end were the tdo5 will come in a small bit later but will pull top the red line and twice the pull.. tdo4 5e befor gear changes you will feel the turbo die so is the spool really worth it dying every gear were the tdo5 will be a small bit later and wont die off on top end or threw gear changes

azerty

Supermoderator
TD04 on 5e would just be a great all rounder. no lag, and good power.
CT9 turbine is way too small as Skalabala well explained.

I would go TD04 15g on 5e ;)

toyotagt

Member +
thanks for replies..

would ye think ct9 hybrid be too small on a 5e at 1 bar..

i was thinking of td04 at a bar for power and less lag then td05..

i think td04 would beat and better all round then the to05? because too much lag..

and i was thinkin then the ct9 be better again cos it pulls at full boost quicker and faster them them all...

Mark-ep91

Member +
id go for the td04 on the 5e, i had a ct9 hybrid and the td04 is nearly the exact same spool up as the hybrid was the ct9s wont last long on the 5e either imo

To throw a spanner in the works, why not try a TD04 hybrid or move away from the TD flange and go Garett (lots more turbo choice and superior gains over TD at the expense of turbo and repair costs)

Joz