Standard ECU/Overrun Map question.... ADVICE PLEASE!

P44YNE

Fresh Recruit
Is it possible to remap the standard ECU?

...and if so, can it have an overrun style map to make loud backfires between gear changes and when slowing down VXR style-ish ... and if not, is there an ECU standalone or piggyback that could be programmed in this way?

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Standard ECU can't be re-mapped.

Most ecu's could run the fueling really rich which should backfire alot but its not really wise. Some maps have it as a side effect but its not something to strive for.

The motec's can run anti lag,it makes a serious racket on launch

weeJohn

Lifer
You can map a standalone or a piggy back to do this, best at higher revs but as you dont it want it being in an overfuel condition on low revs as it will kill throttle response when you need it.

Dont confuse the sound with a burbling exhaust but, costly mistake lol.

Im sure i read somewhere an aftermarket ecu can be mapped to pop/bang if thats your thing something to do with the fuel cells but i would never want y car to sound like a vxr they all sound the exact same and its weird everyone drives them the same, well in glasgow anyway the drive it just till it comes on boost and then let off, sounds shit imo hate them particularly corsas

200BlownHorses

Fresh Recruit
Im no expert but to get what youre describing the car would be overfuelling and from what i understand this is a bad thing. I would imagine the noise from the vxr is more to do with design of the exhaust