What FCD to go for?

triple j

Member +
what i would like to no is, if running 1 bar td04 with fpr and fcd and fueling perfect, what dangers should u be looking out for, det is one.

katiie

Banned
my bf's old gt ran 1.2 bar on a td04 on a fuel reg, 330's and safc, done it, nailed it for 8k miles until went forged... yes i know emanage is the best way or unichip, but for the money and pure fact a bottom end is £200, the hell with it...plus my bf wanted to prove a point lol

only cost him £300 for it setup and parts too, 239bhp and 223ftlbs at 1.15 bar, safc £80, injectors £30, jam bcc £40(greddy you can buy new for £60 and go into map sensor)fse fpr with gauge £45... setup on rr £100

the good thing about mapping though is the fact it'll be better on fuel, the fueling will be spot on, and you can squeeze a wee bit more of a figure out of it, but what does that matter, back in my dads day twin 40's and metering units ruled the world :haha:

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
With an FPR setup, you need to setup the pressure for the leanest point, which then comprimises the rest of the tune.

Really not the ideal way to go, cars drive much nicer with management fitted :)

Cheers

Mike Jones
Tuning Developments Ltd

AdamB

Member +
With an FPR setup, you need to setup the pressure for the leanest point, which then comprimises the rest of the tune.

Really not the ideal way to go, cars drive much nicer with management fitted :)

Cheers

Mike Jones
Tuning Developments Ltd

Agreed, the FPR needs to be setup in accordence to run max fuel pressure at peak boost, this leaves bottom-mid range torque down, sluggish performance.
Another problem with going this route is that you have no control over the ignition timing, and adjusting the timing is where most power is made or lost.

No brainer really.