Vinyl Wrapping...Peoples thoughts and advice wanted.

F4kus

Member +
Hey guys, the paint on my GT is starting to look a little sad in places and the body kit I purchased (For peanuts) Has seen better days and needs a respray... I was planning to get the paint touched up over winter but after being quoted in excess of 1000£ by everyone I have asked i started to think about having her vinyl wrapped? The thought of an imacculate looking car in whatever colour I want for about £800 is pretty tempting. I know it will still need a fair bit of prep work before the wrap but that doesn't bother me. Was just wondering if any of you have had any experience with vinyl,
Is it worth considering? What pros and cons are there as opposed to a paint job aside from price and choice of colour?

Kris

kemnaychris

Member +
I was thinking the same dude :)

I got my bonnet black carbon wrap looks ace n thinking might do whole car now :)

It's cheap n cheerfull and saves the mess off a respray and who do u trust doing it these days :(

F4kus

Member +
How long has your bonnet been looking ace mate? was just wondering how the weather affects this stuff too, espeacily them UV rays....Not that its much of a problem in england nowadays haha

200BlownHorses

Fresh Recruit
If its done well it can look ok. I say ok as imo you cant beat a good paint job, plus someone i knew had hus vts wrapped n it peeled after a few months

Nippon

Member +
It can look brilliant if it is done properly.
EG: Edges hidden away, no dirt underneath it etc...
I was looking at having my roof wrapped in back carbon effect.