AEM UEGO vs Innovate LC1

omikron

Member +
Both are at the same price. Any reason to go with either?

I think the LC1 has a wierd AFR to voltage scale, i dont know much else, any advice?

ramses974

Member +
i have both of them ...my preference is to the AEM due to the fact that i have a gauge ....and i prefer the analogue gauge for tuning
but if i can help you , before buying , i took a look at a review about O2 sensor ,and this is why i choose first the LC1
O2_Page_1.jpg

O2_Page_2.jpg

O2_Page_3.jpg

O2_Page_4.jpg

O2_Page_5.jpg

O2_Page_6.jpg

hope that helps

dac69er

Super Moderator
the long and the short of it is that if you want to do data logging and actual tuning then go with the lc-1 (but it isnt the easiest to install). if you just want an easy to install gauge to give you an indication of your afr's whilst driving and if you are going to make the odd tweak then the aem is what you want.

the scaling on the lc1 isnt strange. its the aem is the one no one can get correct as its a non linear scale!

dac69er

Super Moderator
there are different styles of innovate gauge that you can use on the lc1. one of them is very similar to the aem one if that is how you like yours to look ;)

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
ive had my aem one for 4 or 5 years now and its great. ive been advised to stay away from the innovate ones from my tuner as he has seen a few go faulty. i think you have to calibrate them too?

dac69er

Super Moderator
you only calibrate them around once a year. tbh i never notice any difference before and after calibration so its probably just to make sure it is 100% as sensors do alter after time. only takes about 10 seconds to calibrate.

i only went for innovate as i wanted to datalog with it. linked it to my power fc software and i can overlay the afrs over the knock, rpm, boost etc ;)

just depends what you want it for at the end of the day. mine is 3 years old and still fine.

Ted

Member +
had my lc-1 working nicely for a while now. easy install and a number of ecus work nicely with it- some can use it on autotune functions. good piece of kit. i have the digital guage.

dac69er

Super Moderator
are both capapble of datalogging and outputting a pseudo 1-0V narrow signal?

that is where the aem fails and why i went for the innovate.

the aem outputs a voltage scale but it isnt linear. you may be able to datalog with their own program, but datalogging with an external logger or linking to an aftermarket ecu doesnt quite work properly.

as for the 0-1v narrowband signal, i know the innovate can output the narrowband signal, no problem. not sure about the aem.

i have an innovate xd16 for over two years now, it works very well
i just use it to monitor afrs, but i bought it because of its high reviews from the above comparative test, its datalog functions and its price in relation to other top equipment

The MTX-L is a great choice bro.

It has the LC1 built into it so no need for installing it as a separate control unit as you would with the older models = time consuming.
Visually it is similar to the UEGO led unit plus you can change the face to white or keep the standard black.

I have had it installed for nearly a year now and no problems. Just be sure to wire it in nicely and install the sensor away from electrical interference if possible and use the bung provided to weld into your exhaust for the wb sensor.

Had it fitted and installed in half an hour thanks to CCM. Best price is from the US.

Joz