unique little DIY features of your starlet?

katiie

Banned
my boyf has just made me a present :D a short shifter just like my old civic which was amazing, hes even cut down the old gearstick, re threaded it to honda thread so i have a dc2 gearknob aha :p and there is no gap between the gaitor now, he wants to fit 2 more interior lights because the standard is really dim, and retrim 2 recaros from his rs turbo in the same material as quadlight's, but needs 2 more seats for the material :( also get an arm rest retrimmed in the blue material, and make bmw/ford mondeo style mirrors in the sunvisors which light up and an auto dimming rear mirror, im so lucky pmsl, have any of you lot done little things like this different to someone else? x

STARLET N/A

Member +
I have a DC2 gearknob as well, pretty awesome because of the weight of them.

LED interior lights are good, make it much brighter than stock, dont go for any colours other than white and you will be fine.

being unique is what its all about and little touches make a big difference in my opinion.

Arnold

Lifer
The rear horizontal wiper conversion on my Glanza is pretty unique, and the LED rear bulb conversion.

H_D

Member +
My front bumper has been modified and finshed professionally to cater for my HDI intercooler,
I have also had the radio antenna removed and flushed as well as a custom made vent cover for the boonet scoop which stops rain water from getting through the bonnet scoop but this can be removed for the dry weather by undoing to small 10mm bolts and it has a perfect seal without the use of a messy sealant

P.S - I had my vent scoop cover years before a certain trader on uksc started making them.

Arnold

Lifer
LED rear bulb conversion? pics?

glanzaapr1008.JPG

glanzaapr1007.JPG

glanzaapr1010.JPG

:)

corofin12345

Member +
used the high/low boost solenoid as a cut off valve for my vac line on the dumpvalve..... turn it to low inside "turbo chatter", back to normal position "dump" :)

also shoe horned in bigger wheels into a few ct9 turbos i had lying around.. all ct series wheels

Last edited:

dark_knight

Member +
i'm all custom..

if i decided to do a full reply here on all custom mods i've done, i think i'd be booted from the forum for taking up too many pages.. but here are a few of my favorites.. :)
- td04 transplant -- well, this isn't unique at all but i guess the actual build is.. :)
- custom tacho..
- custom speedo..
- custom temp & gas gauges..
- custom rad fan override switch..
- custom brushed aluminium art pedals..
- custom honker button..
- custom batmobile badge..
- custom adjustable rear strut brace..
- 17x7.5jj :D
- all LED interior lighting conversion..
- custom oil catch-can..

..and a few others i really can't recall

rwdrev

Member +
big brake kit, lower front brace, exhaust front pipe, changed tail pipe and added ewg pipe to manifold, better brackets for intercooler and soon to be quick shift