My Type R STI

td04 project:)

Member +
Well as you can see by my other threads i have been breaking my glanza v over ther last few months and not done yet but decided ive had enough of driving my toyota hilux everyday!! Starting to feel like a redneck lol

Sooo I bought myself a mint White '97 Impreza Type R STI Already im totaly in love with it, it is totally standard bar the cat-back exhaust and should be sitting around 280bhp so im led to believe.

Its a totally different driving experience to the glanza Anyway not had time to polish it for a shoot so here are a couple of snaps from the sale ad.

4168696-1_zpse9002493.jpg

4168696-3_zps6e77f168.jpg

4168696-4_zps8e776d9b.jpg

Hope you guys like it, I will still be on here alot anyway as the help is always top class

Cheers, Allan

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
WRX front bumper?

Love these but I've always been afraid of how soft the engines are.

Best of luck with it

Dan

SupaStu

Member +
i just bought a rover with a k series engine. i have no fear of soft engines after that ;)

Really, a rover, I had a 1.4 25, so gutless and slow, although cheap to run and fuel. Just killed me with the boredom, was just for getting to work and back at the time.

dac69er

Super Moderator
bought it with a rough idle problem and the garage said they had done the headgasket, which they had done so took a punt as it was cheap.

got the head off last night and it was a new gasket, but the head needs a skim. whats the point in doing half a job for the sake of a £30 head skim!!!!

its a 1.6, goes ok, but that was with the headgasket gone. just a wagon while i take the GT off the road for the winter for a rebuild

Member +
Here is how she is sitting now

IMG-20121111-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20121111-WA0003.jpg

Only thing is the "SOFT BOTTOM END" they are notorious for was very soft and has let go ;(

But look on the bright side she is going to RA Motorsport next week for a full forged 2.5l build and being mapped on a simtek by Andy forrest for around 400bhp and matching torque :D

Topher-EP82

Member +
Andy forrest is well known man, that'll be a perfectly setup motor from those chaps. Dam this will be a Beast with that new motor, not that it isn't currently but you get what i mean :D

Duggy

Member +
Lovely looking car mate im just back from being out in my mates sti thats just been built at RA and 400bhp and i tell you something youl feckin love it!!!

Breno58

Member +
Looks lovely, the new wheels made a massive difference :)

I had a 93 jap wrx for 3 years without a hint of engine trouble so i wouldnt believe all that soft bottom end shite, as long as you make sure to use higher octane petrol or a good octane booster or get it mapped it shouldnt give you any hassle

Duggy

Member +
What spec did he get it built to mate?

Not too sure to be honest his is a 52 plate bug eye. massive frount mount gt30 turbo im sure bigger injectors fuel pump exhaust etc and map goes bak up on friday to get mapped. its set up brilliant both Andy's at RA do a great job!!

Moonbox

Member +
Had a quick run against one of these in my 380bhp Evo and was very close!
I was still ahead (of course) but they are very quick!

Member +
Well she was mapped to 1.4 bar on the 2.5l with a td05 20g today and made 370/380 :D Chuffed to bits it pulls like a train and the torque is unreal!!!!