what exhaust hav u all fitted??

Ryan_EP88 GT

Member +
mines looks well knackered gonna go for the decat bit im not too sure whats the best backbox in terms of performance does anybody know?? ive heard janspeed is good does anyone have it fitted? let me know wat all use have!

ChrisStarletGT

Member +
If your a member on ukso there is a japspeed one for 70 quid it mite well be on here too u can find it don't buy new from japspeed they put the price up and the exhaust hasn't changed to me new price needs new design must be to pay for the shotgun exhaust advert lol

Ryan_EP88 GT

Member +
If your a member on ukso there is a japspeed one for 70 quid it mite well be on here too u can find it don't buy new from japspeed they put the price up and the exhaust hasn't changed to me new price needs new design must be to pay for the shotgun exhaust advert lol

ill have a look for that 1 now love the rip from the janspeed good power gains too wit th decat. mines sittin exactly as urs is dropped 35mm on brand new momo arrow.. love the quadlights!

cant seem to find anything for ukso?? can u pm me a link if ya dnt mind..cheers

Last edited:

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
wud love a blits bit out of my price range i just paid 2 grand to get it and get it taxed.. and someone tried to steal it last nite so toad alarm system needed first i think!! :(

Where abouts in Belfast are u mate?

I've an apexi n1 on mine. If you like the blitz, japspeed do a replica :)

thats terrible mate :( sorry to hear that. annoys me when people can't just leave stuff alone.

You can't compare a japspeed (made in china from crap materials and internals rust away) to a full stainless high quality genuine nurspec ;)

Tim :)

ChrisStarletGT

Member +
Japspeed are not made in china they are made in Bolton united kingdom and the japspeed looks exactly the same as blitz one your just paying for a badge

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
thats terrible mate :( sorry to hear that. annoys me when people can't just leave stuff alone.

You can't compare a japspeed (made in china from crap materials and internals rust away) to a full stainless high quality genuine nurspec ;)

Tim :)

to be fair I have seen/heard of more genuine HKS systems rot than japspeed

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
Japspeed are not made in china they are made in Bolton united kingdom and the japspeed looks exactly the same as blitz one your just paying for a badge

this... there are some things that are worth spending the extra as replica goods usually dont live up to their genuine counterparts, e.g replica BOVs leaking, replica FPRs not increasing fuel pressure properly etc but with an exhaust... well, i've yet to hear of the likes of a japspeed exhaust, not 'working' correctly etc

Ryan_EP88 GT

Member +

i agree definately going for a janspeed system somewhere maybe even just the backbox and a s/s one from mani + decat.. wats the rough power gain from stock do yas think?? 10-15hp maybe?

Japspeed don't make anything that i'm aware of, all the exhaust stamped japspeed are made overseas, i can give you atleast 3 of the suppliers and prices if you wish, the Mr2 version i know for sure is made in Koria by a company called motoria and if you buy more than 20 units at a time there under £70 each. Its cheaply made stuff, just don't be fooled that your buying something that hasn't just been brought in from overseas and rebranded.

HKS units are mild steel, thats they rot. I was talking about the internals on the other exhausts, the baffles are mild steel so rot away, seen a few of the stainless bits rotting as well when they've swapped stainless types during construction.

But yes exhaust will do a job its only pipping gases, but its about fit and finish. Alot of the cheaper brands don't fit very well, i deal with all Toyotas and alot of the other models we have bit problems with things not lining up properly, hitting suspension parts or body. Where the blitz items i've never had to modify them to fit the car. Just going from my experience.