Boost problem and BOV noo psssh

xpnciv

Member +
So i just got another turbo becuase mine was smokeing bad and now i have a boost issue typical :( . Car runs alrite no smoke no funny idle but wen i hit boost it doesnt boost like it should (slow) and now my Blow off valve isnt opening hmm could it be a boost leak or a stuffed BOV? any opinions? im new to the GT starlet thing so any help be good thanks

xpnciv

Member +
na it is closed it just doesnt open fully! gna put my boost gauge on soon check it out! if this isnt the problem il try anuda BOV and then check waste gate. How do u by pass the Hi-lO boost so i can put a boost tap in? i have a gfb tap

xpnciv

Member +
so im seeing no boost hmmm im thinking the wategate might be jamed or something! il giv it another go tomorow afternoon! or take it to a shop pay day haha. it started making a whistle could this be a leak somewhere? i know the turbo is alright there no play

JDubz

Member +
Install the boost guage then ull see maybe ur turbo is boosting f all hence why the bov isnt opening lol.

welshowz

Member +
checked for boost leaks??i had a similar problem and it was a loose intercooler pipe letting ait escape taking longer to boost and no noise from bov

xpnciv

Member +
oh yea where was ur leak ? im gna pull all the pipes out and check tomorow ! its so slow with the leak/problem lol i need boost i crave it

xpnciv

Member +
Sooooo nothing but bad news :( i think my turbo is rooted. I heard a clunk and checked turbo for play and there is a little :( and i think the wheel has been hitting the housing (sigh) so gna get it checked by a mecanic tomorow and hopefully its not as bad as i think it is!