Best induction kit to run

George611

Member +
i run mesh and yeah it sounds great but after a while youll discover its aggro to keep clean/mesh breaks/oil becomes rotten from the fine mist of dirt that managed to find its way throo.....defo use a filter lol

GT_Irl

Member +
There was a thread on here a while back with a link to a review of the blitz suss, hks mushroom and the apexi powerflow (and a few other filters). IIRC the blitz suss made one more extra hp than the apexi but the apexi caned the rest on actual filtration. Apexi is best all round performer so that would be my reccomendation :) The HKS mushroom performed poorly overall

edit: unfortunately the power enterprise was not reviewed but as mentioned above it is a similiar design to the apexi so potentially as good/better.

Also the apexi powerflow is not oil based so minimal maintenance required. i used to give it a blast with an air gun (not right up against it of course) every 2000km or so, seemed to do the trick just fine :)

Last edited:

Texx

Super Moderator
An air filter is an air filter, if it stops the crap getting into the intake it'll do the job just fine.

96v

Member +
as said, apexi is the one :)

I thought HKS was the dogs until I did some digging and it turns out that nither the filtration or air flow is particularly good :(

Batters

Member +
Yeah I've been doing abit of looking into it and the Apexi seems to be getting better reviews probably gonna go for one of them

An air filter is an air filter, if it stops the crap getting into the intake it'll do the job just fine.

X2
Hks ones are pretty crap tho
the plastic part that u attach ur hose to always go brittle and break then is sucked into the turbo resulting in a mashed impeller wheel
If I was buying any Ud buy an apexi one for looks,filtration,and durability

Last edited:

GT_Irl

Member +

I had this philosophy to until I saw that test & its results! Some of the brand name filters were seen to have poor filtration properties (the more I think about it the more I think it was on supra owners club website...ill try and dig it out!), with that in mind I think the OP's question is very relevant especially for people who have just big $$$ on expensive aftermarket turbo kits, IMO best to go for the filter with the best filtration properties (regardless of how good they sound)...to guarantee the longevity of your particular setup. Maybe I am being pedantic but at the time, after seeing the results of that test I immediately changed filters

Texx

Super Moderator
From personal experience I would stay well clear of the HKS 'mushroom' filters. Had the green version on an MR2 turbo which disintegrated a lot quicker than expected and destroyed the HKS TD05 compressor wheel as it got dragged into the engine bit by bit.

ITG filters are a good all round option. I've had a 60mm ITG sat behind the grill on the GT for the last 3 or 4 years, seems to be coping quite well, probably due for a replacement now though.