What spark plugs do you use?

TorbayGlanza

Fresh Recruit
After speaking to my friend who woks at Engine Tuner he has told me not to use iridium as the break to easy just go for copper ones i have HKS ones at mo there fine but why engine apart going to replace them.

Nano

Member +
After speaking to my friend who woks at Engine Tuner he has told me not to use iridium as the break to easy just go for copper ones i have HKS ones at mo there fine but why engine apart going to replace them.

i ve been using iridium. drove 15k miles with it and no problem.i switched to copper one cos my friend told me the same, the tip breaks and goes into cylinders

steve-gers

Member +
That part number is for iridiums, coppers are fine aswell they just don't last as long. Part number for coppers is BKR7E

Last edited:

steve-gers

Member +
Depends how modded your car is, heat range 7 is fine for me at 222bhp. All the -11 means after the BKR7 bit is that the plugs are gapped to 1.1mm which is fine for stock engine but most people need around 0.8-.09 gaps give or take.

ep-82

Member +
My technical knowledge on spark plugs is some what lacking lol. Its got the usual mods fcd, rrfpr, mani, decat, boost controller, hks actuator and ct9 set at 1 bar. What plugs would be suitable for this set up?

steve-gers

Member +
They last alot longer than copper and do perform better but whether you notice any performance difference is pretty unlikely.

Nano

Member +
Thanks dude rep added

ok for the heat range, 7 for NGK... but for the gap, i have them 1.1mm gapped,should i go with 0.8 or 0,9mm?
what will be the effect of reducing the gap?

i have stock 4efte,zisco ram horn manifold external wastegate 0.8b