Rev Range Gear Change No Clutch

Kerim

Fresh Recruit
Hello people I've got a Starlet GT 1994 with LSD the other day the Hydraulic Slave Cylinder failed. Was wondering what's the ideal rev range to slave it into gears I have only got a 1 mile trip to the garage tomorrow so was just going to do a 2nd gear start all the way and try get into 3rd if I can.

AdDaMan

Member +
its pretty easy when you get used to it.
Upshifts you need to let off the gas around half way up the rev range and pull on the gear fairly hard, when the right revs are met the gear will just pop in. 2nd and 4th are much easier to get in than 3rd.
and downshifts obviously just pull it out of gear and then slow down, then blip the throttle upto about 5k and then when the revs start to fall pull on the gear untill it falls in as before.

I drive my car probably about 50% of the time without the clutch! much easier lol

Kerim

Fresh Recruit
its pretty easy when you get used to it.
Upshifts you need to let off the gas around half way up the rev range and pull on the gear fairly hard, when the right revs are met the gear will just pop in. 2nd and 4th are much easier to get in than 3rd.
and downshifts obviously just pull it out of gear and then slow down, then blip the throttle upto about 5k and then when the revs start to fall pull on the gear untill it falls in as before.

I drive my car probably about 50% of the time without the clutch! much easier lol

Thank you much appreciated!!!! who needs 3rd hear such an overrated gear anyway haha:p just praying for no traffic or red lights.

steve-gers

Member +
How do you know its the slave that has failed? My clutch has just went (I think) slave looks to have movement still but not sure how much it should have.

Kerim

Fresh Recruit
Well mine had very little movement and the fluid from it was everywhere I thought it was the clutch first. Got a new one fitted yesterday car back to normal!

steve-gers

Member +
I have no fluid leaking but need to find out how much movement it should have as I can't find anything to lever against with a prybar to test.