Is it possible to restrict the car to 10mph etc

Arnold

Lifer
My Glanza is going to a bodyshop tomorrow and I was wondering if it's possible to completely restrict the car to say 10mph or run like a dog whilst they've got her.

I don't trust companies with her after Kwik Fit revealed they took her for a 'test run' after having 4 tyres fitted, and my mate went to an exhaust fitters and they took his car for a 'test run' as well.

Thanks
Arnold

steve-gers

Member +
Pull 2 plug leads off and take them with you. Car will still be able to move but will be rather crippled so no chance of a test drive.

SupaStu

Member +
I normally reset the mileage counter, and yeah just check the clock. Personally I would never deal with kiwk fit or anyone like that ever again, based on previous experience.

Jay

Admin
Why don't you just tell them not to drive the car and take a note of the mileage?

Because you should never underestimate human nature and the stupidity that goes with it. lol

Been wondering how to do this myself. Removing the actuator from the turbo would have the desired effect no?

Lawrence

Member +
haha i had this feeling the otherday i rang up to book mot and the bloke said just pop it to us in the morning and leave it, i thought no bloody way i want to wait while its done.

Mikey4410

Member +
This was a big worry of mine when having a paddle clutch fitted,i spent alot of time and money on my car and didnt want anybody kicking the crap out or it so i disconected the wastegate and removed a spark plug lead,wouldnt have it any other way

Murray

Member +
I normally reset the mileage counter, and yeah just check the clock. Personally I would never deal with kiwk fit or anyone like that ever again, based on previous experience.

Its better to leave alot of miles on it, if you reset the trip meter then all they do is reset it after they have used it........ Hoping you dont notice the extra couple of miles.
Just take the king lead off, and let them push it.

Vincent-ep91

Member +
This was a big worry of mine when having a paddle clutch fitted,i spent alot of time and money on my car and didnt want anybody kicking the crap out or it so i disconected the wastegate and removed a spark plug lead,wouldnt have it any other way

Good move mate, good to see people taking the incentive to look after their cars.
When i got my alarm fitted i remained on the premises. I probably wrecked his head as i kept on telling him not to lean on the recaro seats... :)

Arnold

Lifer
Ok thanks for the suggestions guys, I've made a note of the mileage and dropped it off earlier but stupidly didn't do anything to prevent them misbehaving. Will go back in a couple of days just to see what's happening and maybe take the king lead / Efi fuse out then. Just praying the car is still there!

Texx

Super Moderator
Pull off the TPS connector and short out the middle and bottom pins, then tuck the connector down out the way so it's not obviously noticed. This should make the ECU think the throttle is constantly closed and will cut fuel every time the engine speed rises above 2000rpm.