Exhaust - info requirend regarding starlet exhausts.

Phil

Super Moderator
what i would like to know is, does any one know if there is many brands that uses the same split points in the exhaust systems for the starlet?

for example HKS/Blitz/5zigen/Japspeed etc all seem to have the same backbox pipe that finishes after its went back down over the rear axle.

So could any nice jap backbox be fitted to any other system?

the reason i assume you could is that alot of the backboxes are availible individually to fit the rest of the standard system?!

Make sense to anyone but me?:haha:

Phil

dac69er

Super Moderator
most are very similar, but they could use different flanges or slightly differing angles some some may fit and some may not. if you are handy with a welder, or know someone who is, it should be easy to alter.

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
is it the apexi backbox on gumtree has you wondering?

Most are very similar, and if its out any, there is a few exhaust places that would sort you out for next to nothing. Dee's exhausts in newtownabbey have done work for me plenty of times, sometimes for nothing!

Phil

Super Moderator
Used to have a 5zigen front and mid on a blitz back box . Fitted fine.

most are very similar, but they could use different flanges or slightly differing angles some some may fit and some may not. if you are handy with a welder, or know someone who is, it should be easy to alter.

Thanks for the replies, Ted I recall your exhaust on the mk1 greenish black machine, was it similar to this

Item: TOYOTA STARLET GLANZA EP91 EP82 5ZIGEN BORDER EXHAUST

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-STARLET-GLANZA-EP91-EP82-5ZIGEN-BORDER-EXHAUST-/190810285958

Phil

Phil

Super Moderator
Used to have a 5zigen front and mid on a blitz back box . Fitted fine.

is it the apexi backbox on gumtree has you wondering?

Most are very similar, and if its out any, there is a few exhaust places that would sort you out for next to nothing. Dee's exhausts in newtownabbey have done work for me plenty of times, sometimes for nothing!

Thanks lol will have a look? What size tailpipe have they?

Phil

Phil

Super Moderator
Linkme the gumtree one I can't see it?

@Chris get that bike fixed, you've no time to be welding at anything lol

Phil