Glanza for Around £2000? Possible?

D1on

Fresh Recruit
After a glanza and have around £2000 to spend..

Now you see a lot go on ebay and the likes for around £4000.

Then you see the ones for around £1600. But you also see ones for around £2500 which I would try to bargain down to around £2000.

So in todays climate. Can I get a Nice Enough Glanza for Around £2000? :)

dac69er

Super Moderator
set your sights low and you will find something. but chances are it will be a bit rough and will need some money spent. you would get a better GT for that money than you would a glanza

AdamB

Member +
As above, for that kinda price your really looking at the low end of the market. I would save up to around £2800 and you can be sure to get a fairly decent one around that price. It saves money and the ballache in the long run.

Paddy

Lifer
my freind picked one up for £1800 a while back, i tried to talk him out of it as it had over 100,000 miles on the clock, the speedo wasnt working and it was a bit on the tatty side, but he had it for over 2 years, didnt look after it very well think he only changed the oil once, ragged the fuck out of it and it was still going strong when he sold it, goes to show how good toyota are, u should pick up a decent 96 spec for around that mark these days i would have said

dac69er

Super Moderator
try and spend more if you can. the problem with the cheap shitty ones is summed up by what paddy said, they are not looked after and ragged about. they are strong little cars, but they will eventually die.

ryan_v

Lifer
Yes definetly achievable, plenty on gumtree. Ive bought 3 glanza so far at £1000 each and viewed ones at £3000 and its really hard to see where they get the 2k difference. Seem to be cheaper in N.Ireland for some reason too, were part of the uk so no reason why you couldnt get one from here and take it home on the ferry :)

dac69er

Super Moderator
from what people say, they are more common in ireland, so could be due to that perhaps?

prices in the uk are higher. you could definitely find one for that kinda money, but again, its unlikely to have been looked after very well as its throw away money really.

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
More than achievable,my old one just sold for around £1600- TD04, LSD, FMIC, rays wheels with 4 brand new yoko tyres, new shocks, uprated brakes, optional splitters, needed abit of bodywork tidying up, but it was a good going wee car

dac69er

Super Moderator
More than achievable,my old one just sold for around £1600- TD04, LSD, FMIC, rays wheels with 4 brand new yoko tyres, new shocks, uprated brakes, optional splitters, needed abit of bodywork tidying up, but it was a good going wee car

again, thats in ireland, not the uk :(

ryan_v

Lifer
again, thats in ireland, not the uk :(

Northern Ireland which is part of the uk! Just buy the car and insure it just like any car you would buy on mainland as long as it has mot n tax.

Southern Ireland you have to import the car and pay duty on and register is.

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
Northern Ireland which is part of the uk! Just buy the car and insure it just like any car you would buy on mainland as long as it has mot n tax.

Southern Ireland you have to import the car and pay duty on and register is.

was waiting for someone to point that out lol

weeJohn

Lifer
i was told that when i bought my house 6 months ago, was it f@*k. people are holding out for every last penny when they sell something :(

Its the same with houses here now, sellers get told if they want to sell than thats the price buyers want to pay. If you dont take it, you dont sell it as the banks are not giving out mortgages without a 20% deposit so there are very few buyers.

D1on

Fresh Recruit
At what point can you offer £2000 for a car these days though?

When Ones Advertised for £2500?...

AdamB

Member +
That depends on the condition of the vehicle. If its advertised as "mint" and yoo go view it and its got dents, scratches all over and needs service items to get through the next MOT then obviously the price should be negotiated on.

Neil.B1993

Member +
there few and far between for a decent one at 2000 i managed to find one local to me advertised at 2800 this truely was mint not a scratch or dent on it. Had two garages complement on how clean the underside is. anyway i offered 2200 for it and got it at that price. to top it off aswell had genuine mileage of 53000 and passed MOT with few advisories. Its only worth asking mate tbh the worst the buyers going to say is no.