Going forged...

DancerEP82

Member +
Hi guys iv just got my self a 5EFE Engine that i will be forging iv done a search but cant find a posative answer so i was wondering if anyone could help me out ?
im mechanically minded but im just not sure what to go for iv done rebulilds before but this will be my first forged rebulid i will be running a external TD04 setup with emanage ultimate.
I want this to be a simple setup but im not sure wot compression ratio to go for
( standard ratio ???) im going for an anthena head gasket but wot size ?

im looking for a piston and rod combo that..

A. rods that do not require knotching of the block
B. iv heard that some pistons can be noisy when cold ??? i dont like the sound of this !!

thanks guys

5e colin

Member +
theres no way around it block will need a notch and a rebore wiseco/scat is good

how much boost do u want to run that will tel the headgasket thicknes 1.2mm and 1.4bar is good

5e colin

Member +
if ur going to go for 2 bar then i think wossner is needed doubt if the scat like 2 bar that much i know they handle 1.8 for sure at 8k but 2 bar is a massive amount of boost mayby some off the pros like spuddy and zisco can confirm this u probly need more than just rods and pistons at that boost compleet head work and all that stuff
headbolts will lift to

DancerEP82

Member +
i will be starting at around 1.5 bar so head work can be done at a later date for a 2 bar setup ! in the end we will aways want more boost lol

AdamB

Member +
Wiseco & Pauter or CP & Carillo is what you wanna be looking at, best pairs on the market although their not cheap! You won't need to notch the block.
Standard compression ratio will be fine.

I got some Wiseco pistons and 5E Pauter rods for sale if your interested.

hkspower

Member +
I f you don't like the noisy of the pistons go for the AIRIS they are the most min one we find ..:rockon: as kon or kieth for them..