2015 meets - NORTHSTARS

karl.

Admin
Depending on workload I may do, would love to get up to Steves as well but wont have a car on the rollers.

Even if you don't get the car ready it would be good to head up so as we can all put faces to names.

Also just a quick reminder that spaces are filling up quickly so secure your spot on the day with a £10 deposit by PayPal to Starletparts@hotmail.co.uk. Please send it as a gift

karl.

Admin
Just to let everyone know that if you have paid your deposit or pay it before tomorrow eve(9/6/2015) at 9pm you will get a free burger from the bbq.

So if you know anyone who hasn't yet paid up tell them to get a move on :)

Jay

Admin
triple-whopper-o.gif

EP91_Chris

Member +
Username - EP91Chris
Car - Lexus IS220d
Engine - 2AD-FHV
Turbo - VB15
Boost - 1.7 Bar
guesstimate - 200ish
Torque - 450nm ish

EP91_Chris

Member +
Haha, I haven't been online much and really don't bother reading through the news feed lol.

Was speaking to Hookie last night, reference a meeting point to convoy up. Was thinking the new services on the M2?

Jay

Admin
She's looking lovely Andy, I'll be packing the camera so will no doubt be on photo duty throughout the day.

See all you mad bar stewards tomorrow!

Jay

Admin
Jesus what a day.. words cannot express the madness.

Serious thanks to everyone who made the effort and attended in any shape or fashion, also full props to Steven and the lads @ C.A.E. who provided THE perfect venue for a meet and RR session. I'll get on the pics tomorrow evening all being well and upload asap.

Jay

Jay

Admin
Nice pics amigo, I only managed to take a quick scan through my snaps so far but it's looking good.

Small preview:

1_5.jpg

Will update with more pics as soon as I get some time to myself!

Jay

Admin
And yes, that snap has been selected deliberately to both baffle and entice those who did not make it :haha:

Pretty safe in saying that although both Philius Nangle and I have attended Starlet meets for over a decade never have we seen such a collection of interesting EP's. There were points we just looked at each other in disbelief. Epic!

nistarbo

Member +
Do tell jay. Did that happen at the meet? Well done to all involved. Especially to Karl for getting Steve to host. Gutted I didn't make it but at least made it to one of the locations to get a sneak preview of some motors.
Well done to Phil also for the what's app group chat. Really held the momentum of the meet and shows that the local ep community is going strong

Jay

Admin
Right I'll do these in several posts in case anyone wants to quote the twentieth one down or something.

Huge thanks to Steven and the team of madmen and woman who put up with us for the day at Cabragh Automotive Engineering (that's what CAE stands for btw). Also big thanks to Karl, Philius and Philbert who put the wheels in motion and kept them rolling.

All in all it was a great days craic with plenty of banter. Hope I got a pic of everyone's car, apologies if I missed anyone out. Needless to say if anyone wants a hi-res version of anything PM me and I can email it across.

Jay

nanglebadger

Member +
Absolutely superb day, well organised, very well ran and very efficient on the day! One of the smoothest ran meets I have ever attended! A real credit to Karl, Steve and everyone at CAE. Also big thanks to Steve's family for putting up with all the noise and randomers loitering around their house!

Can't argue with your words at all Jay, there were definitely points when we looked at one another in bemusement! However, words fail to describe how big a fail my selected moment of departure was. Genuinely feel like I missed out there! Typical!

Some properly stunning motors on the day, credit to all the owners! Particularly Andy87's GT - what a beauty! Certainly provided inspiration for a full Sunday of tinkering at my own, so thanks everyone!

Looking forward to the next one, and hope to see some 30th Anniversary decals popping up now!!!!!

Phil.