5E choices Raceteck vs Cruise

Rev

Member +
5E choices Racetech vs Cruise

Any ideas on which 5E you would choose ?

Brand: Race-Tech
5E-FTE - Stage 1 Forged Engine

Our Stage 1 package is tailored for those running TD04 or Smaller Turbochargers,
allowing 280bhp to be achieved reliably but with more torque!

Engine Block Re-Bored & Crosshatch Honed
Head Skimmed & Fully Rebuilt
Both Block & Head Chemically Cleaned & Painted

•Custom 'Race-Tech Spec' Forged Pistons
•SCAT Forged Con-Rods w/ARP Bolts
•Genuine Toyota Full Gasket Set
•Genuine Toyota Oil Pump
•Genuine Toyota Headgasket
•Genuine Toyota Head Bolts
•OEM Water Pump
•OEM Cambelt Kit w/Idlers & Pulleys
•ACL Main & Big End Shells
•ACL Crank Thrust Washers

Dynamic Balancing of the Bottom End Components is also recommended.

Brand: CRUISE
Complete ZERO Engine - 5E

They will source out a 5E engine and put it through a series of tests to make sure that this motor will be a good candidate for further modification. From there, they will install a laundry list of needed engine parts to increase strength and power of your new motor while using much precision from years of experience.

Included:
- Pistons and Piston Rings capable of 320PS (315.6 bhp)
- Resurfacing of the cylinder head and block
- Crank and Con Rod Metal Bearings
- Crankshaft resurfacing
- Metal Head Gasket
- Overhaul Gasket Kit
- Port and Polish
- Valve Alignment
- Oil Element
- NGK BKR6EY-11 Spark Plugs

Last edited:

Jay

Admin
Hard to compare like for like when the Cruise description is quite vague mate. They don't seem to upgrade the rods for example?

With modifications like that and the logistics involved I'd go with whoever can offer the most back up in case there's an issues further down the line.

Jay

Rev

Member +
Glad you said that I found the Cruise description unclear also. I have read Rods type is important with 5E's longer stroke and that 5efhe rods are good for 1.7 bar, which matches Cruise saying the build is good for 315.6Hp so I assume this means 5efhe rods.

Last edited:

Rev

Member +
Zisco have replied only 4e's available at the present.

Backup wise that leaves Race Tech which doesn't appear to have a waranty and RHD ( Cruise ) will organise repair if the supplier agrees but requires shipping in a week which means air freight...... Still those 5e's are attractive

weeJohn

Lifer
Seen a cruise head once and was very disappointed, hardly anything done.

To be honest, I would build my own.

Rev

Member +
Ok guys thanks for that advice, looks like I best fix the 4e to keep it driving and start a 5E project separately. I can see a lot of joy in having a 5E specially built rather than off the shelf even though there will be more time involved.