Spence10

As winters soon apon us, whats every1 doing Way there Gt,V'still etc....

Any builds,Tlc or Project etc etc

Mines just been bathed and now being put away over the bad Months to get Tlc, and save for Parts etc

Attachments

• received_1303050319743446.jpeg
    received_1303050319743446.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 2

Jay

Admin
Once I have fixed Hookie's and prepped my RX for the winter months I am planning on..

Getting these two boosting again:

4.jpg

The rustproofing on this thing finally finished:

stock1 192.JPG

And a start on the engine for this old lady:

IMAG0251.jpg

Probably not get near any of them tbh but I can hope!

Spence10

Mint collection Jay ladd, be hairy driving it skiny if the snow hits lol first part off a long list off goodies is getting bought at the end off the Month Karls Apexi power fc ecu plug n play for the Ep82 ☺

Reactions: Jay

Jay

Admin
Winter is when projects suddenly go out of control.

Looking forward to seeing what gets built!

SKINY

Lifer
Nice buy Ant :) seen a few hand controllers in OZ for 230£+
One on the celica forum too last week, can't mind the price tho lol

Calum122

Member +
Has the FC not been superceded now. I know it's a powerful bit of kit, but it's not even designed for the 4E was it. It was like designed for the MR2 or Celica IIRC and was merely adapted by another company to work with the 4E.

For the premium, why wouldn't you use the ME22 Electronic. It's a standalone ECU that is remappable and comes packed with a bog stock map on it.

It's not as adjustable as the FC, but allows COP conversion and the fueling and ignition changing. For like £600. And you can plug it into your computer IIRC.

I was contemplating the FC myself, but it's old technology now and was wondering why you chose it.

Spence10

That's a good bit of kit. Go for a fortune usually. You just need a nice big turbo kit now... :D
Yes definitely Jay ladd what else would aye need, supporting mods, ways have a Sard fpr no Adapter n that yet tho, what else would aye need to get it ready for mapping etc

Spence10

Has the FC not been superceded now. I know it's a powerful bit of kit, but it's not even designed for the 4E was it. It was like designed for the MR2 or Celica IIRC and was merely adapted by another company to work with the 4E.

For the premium, why wouldn't you use the ME22 Electronic. It's a standalone ECU that is remappable and comes packed with a bog stock map on it.

It's not as adjustable as the FC, but allows COP conversion and the fueling and ignition changing. For like £600. And you can plug it into your computer IIRC.

I was contemplating the FC myself, but it's old technology now and was wondering why you chose it.
Jus went for it ladd was contemplating between a few, this, Blitz and the me221, this popped up for sale and jus went for it...

Spence10

This is the GENUINE SARD fpr aye got and denso injectors, think there 370s and decent not sure

Attachments

• 20171116_101146.jpg
    20171116_101146.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3

Jay

Admin
Any idea of what power figure you are aiming for?

The K24 is a bit old skool for big power. I personally wouldn't say no to one for sentimental reasons but power is not their nature so it will limit your figures. I have fond memories of bailing around the roads of Ballymena in K24 boosted Starlets with Trevor. Great fun! Nowadays the go-to turbo is TD04, seen a few running hybrid versions which net more horses. Because it's such a well beaten path there is plenty of choice regards manifolds.

In short all you have to do is make sure you have a solid fuel system to support the extra air you are pushing (upgraded fuel pump, regulator & injectors) and management to ignite it all at the right time (you have a mapper in mind right?). Pretty sure you have most of the boxes ticked so far mate.

Spence10

Any idea of what power figure you are aiming for?

The K24 is a bit old skool for big power. I personally wouldn't say no to one for sentimental reasons but power is not their nature so it will limit your figures. I have fond memories of bailing around the roads of Ballymena in K24 boosted Starlets with Trevor. Great fun! Nowadays the go-to turbo is TD04, seen a few running hybrid versions which net more horses. Because it's such a well beaten path there is plenty of choice regards manifolds.

In short all you have to do is make sure you have a solid fuel system to support the extra air you are pushing (upgraded fuel pump, regulator & injectors) and management to ignite it all at the right time (you have a mapper in mind right?). Pretty sure you have most of the boxes ticked so far mate.

Yeah am gona go for the Hybrid TD04 wepr ramhorn mani setup ladd.. u can keep the k24 when it's off if u would like it for ur fireplace as an sentimental ornament as il not need it eventually

yeah got the ecu, sard fpr jus need the Adapter etc fink aye have an uprated walbro255 feul pump so that's sweet then get a mapper kyle was saying a fella steven Scullion maps so am not sure on that yet until aye have all the parts for it, for next year ☺

Spence10

Not aiming for a specific bhp jus wanted too see what it does way new bits and then a map...

Will need bits like a new fuel rail, hks Actuator and Catch can n new rocker, the valve steam seal and any other seals n fresh gaskets and the engine bay clean ☺