Heater blower motor issue

SKINY

Lifer
So, changed the heater matrix at the weekend and now the blower Moter doesn't work. It worked before but didn't sound the best and I could swear it was working as I bleed the new matrix and car was warm, that may just be the matrix giving off heat tho.
Real question is about the 4 wire plug going into the heater Moter, what are the wire colour/functions ?? I want to test it before trailing it all out again :)

SKINY

Lifer
And what will the other 2 be for but, maybe hi/med/lo speed for the fan ??
And what's PWM bud ?

SKINY

Lifer
right, so, just to clear this up. I have finally worked out why my heater blower moter stopped working.....
i only went and fucked it out when i was removing the ac unit, could have swore the heater unit had its own moter, obviously now i know it Dosnt o_Olmfao

good write up that Jay :cool:

SKINY

Lifer
Got a new blower unit today and also got the air con delete section out of a non AC EP 80 4 Door so plan is get it fitted tomorrow :)

SKINY

Lifer
WP_20171126_12_04_28_Pro.jpg pulled dash out again today in 50 mins its really not hard job lol, new blower and box fitted and air conditioning properly deleted now :cool: 3.5 hours start to finish, you can just about remove/fit the units Without touching or moving the heater box in the centre.
also can be removed without taking dash out but top nut is a bit awkward, i used a 1/4 drive ratchet and small extension bar.
the socket on the funnel takes the plug from the Gt ac loom once you disconnect it, hopefully the climate control function should work for heat, soon find out tho :p