Where's all the old school boys gone?!

azerty

Supermoderator
Found the safari problem. it was the flash plugging which was unactivated.
Video Sorted now :)

green_machine

Fresh Recruit
Back after almost 10 years! Pulled the sheet off the car today to find a fully mouse eaten interior, seized brakes and four flat tyres.

This place seems a lot quieter than I remember...

Jay

Admin
That's not bad considering - time to give her some TLC then!

This place is a LOT quieter mate, but we're hanging in there best we can :)

Man I miss my car been in a 1 litre micra the last month and lets just say its not the same haha. I dont think Id have the balls to even drive it after been out of fast cars for 4 years 170bhp diesels feel like rocket ships. Would love to get a go in a 300bhp starlet while I'm home.

Neal

Member +
A good mk1 is hard to find nowadays!

any good starlet gt is hard to find these days!!!

you dont see many for sale now ,not decent examples anyway - i check the auctions in japan and you dont get many coming through either, is old trevor still knocking about jay?

Jay

Admin
Yeah, it's hard to get a solid one Neal. Anyone with minter seems to hold on to it and you can' really blame them.

Trevor was having serious back problems last I heard. Had to give up on sports cars and the like. Haven't heard from him in ages. I have no doubt he's still creating merry hell no matter what!

5e colin

Member +
Its even hard to get a scrappy 1 down in the republic now to last time I saw 1 on the road is 16 months ago in my area

Calum122

Member +
So, what's the new import that's replacing the Starlet.

Does Toyota have a small CC pocket rocket that is only available in Japan that people are importing instead?

Derek

Lifer
So, what's the new import that's replacing the Starlet.

Does Toyota have a small CC pocket rocket that is only available in Japan that people are importing instead?

Everyone is into 4 door vip/drift cars these days. Couldn't tell you the last time I seen a GT or Glanza on the road. Few and far between these days.

Jay

Admin
Yeah, importing is so 2003 :D

Definitely not happening in the volumes we used to see in fact it had all but dried up due to exchange rates. Having an ep has never been more exclusive!

Neal

Member +
Yeah, importing is so 2003 :D

Definitely not happening in the volumes we used to see in fact it had all but dried up due to exchange rates. Having an ep has never been more exclusive!

you got that right jay - there is a nice silver one over there in ireland i can get hold of if i want it, im into subarus a lot more these days tbh purely down to the awd factor and the 5 doors and a boot thing, makes life easier lol.

dac69er

Super Moderator
They have never exactly been popular round where I live, but I rarely see a glanza now, let alone a GT.
Most as probably hidden up like mine!