Head Gaskets

Fez

Member +
Hi guys,

Advice on compatible head gasket numbers that can be used on the 4EFTE please? Blown gasket and part no 11115-11071 isn't availabe here :/

SKINY

Lifer
I would stick with the Toyota gasket if possible, Victor reins is another manufacturer that I'd trust also.
Where abouts are you ? Maybe someone can help out get one to you ? :)

Fez

Member +
I would stick with the Toyota gasket if possible, Victor reins is another manufacturer that I'd trust also.
Where abouts are you ? Maybe someone can help out get one to you ? :)
Agree with you mate.. Sri Lanka here some 4EFTE bits are tricky to source here hehe

Super! Thanks for the info :)

Hey i am in South Africa and we do not get any 4E spares here, so we have to source, mix and match.

What i have found out is that the 2e(1.3 carb) has alot of spares in common.

the head gasket is a direct fit and works perfect. Maybe give that a try.

Jay

Admin
I always though the 2E gasket was 'almost but not quite' identical. It is apparently a straight fit replacement option.

They seem to use them a lot in the Philippines as supply is an issue there too.

Skalabala

Member +
Hey i am in South Africa and we do not get any 4E spares here, so we have to source, mix and match.

What i have found out is that the 2e(1.3 carb) has alot of spares in common.

the head gasket is a direct fit and works perfect. Maybe give that a try.

What side are you from? Plenty of spares available for the 4E. I use Victor Reinz 4E gasket. Better than OEM in my opinion :)

H_D

Member +
they are the same as OEM. only the "performance" gaskets have more of the waterways opened up.

I noticed all of the Japanese MLS head gaskets like zep cruise kamieri have the same waterways open as the oem gasket. Brands like athena seem to have all of them open

Jay

Admin
I always figured the reduced flow was related to heat transfer. Although it could just be laziness.

Needless to say I'm no expert on thermal dynamics.