Do pauter x beam rods wear bearings quicker?

I am planning my forged block build and i have been advised that the pauter x beam rods which have been recomended to me are quite heavy and therefore wear out the crank bearings faster than the likes of lighter forged rods like scat rods. Apparently the bearings will need replacing every year with the pauter x beam rods, can anyone confirm this is true? Who here is running these rods? What power level are you at and how many miles have you put on them? . Id like to use these rods as they are supposee to be good for high boost and power, but i dont like the idea of pulling the block every year, a friend ran them for 10,000miles without issues but then he sold the block so we dont know how long it really lasted. According to my engine builder scat rods are lighter and with decent rod bolts like the L19 are good for 180/190hp per rod so would be a better option in the long run, can anyone confirm?

H_D

Member +
Utter bullshit imo. Chances are your engine builder does not supply pauter rods and wants you to buy whatever he has available

Yeah i am starting to see a few things arnt making sense with what he is saying, he wants to charge me for clearencing for the pauter rods but not the scat rods but i think it should be the other way around from what i have read. I think i will go elsewere

Padders_GT

Yeah i am starting to see a few things arnt making sense with what he is saying, he wants to charge me for clearencing for the pauter rods but not the scat rods but i think it should be the other way around from what i have read. I think i will go elsewere

I would.

Shame you aren't in the UK as I could build you an engine to your spec.

isn't there suppose to be a thin layer of oil between the journals and the bearings at all times to prevent them touching regardless of what brand of rod you run?? As connection between the bearings and journals would result in the dreaded knock/spun bearings??

Reactions: Jay
I told him that i had asked on the forums and no one has heard of this and he said, that in 90% street 10% track applications its not an issue with the pauter rods, in cars made for 100% track work its an issue,,,,,, he does have really good reviews and is very helful and quick to respond to my questions