The 2020 Supra Leak

thefalls

Member +
New-2020-Toyota-Supra-Leak.jpg

Don't know how many people are looking forward to this over here .
But this looks nice. Taste may differ and some may say that its a bmw underneath with a Toyota skin.

The Japs have fiddled with this quite a lot though!

Lets wait for the release Jan 14th 2019!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay

Calum122

Member +
Difficult ain't it.

It's a tried and tested engine, but Toyota used to be renowned for making beastly, tunable and reliable engines. It seems like a shame they didn't add to their portfolio.

Styling wise, it looks on the mark. I look forward to reading about the specs.

SKINY

Lifer
Who in there right mind is going to buy the 4 cylinder model tho o_O that's Starlet bait :D
The pictures look good but the rear end needs a wing I think, hard to say too as all we have seen is camouflage but the shape can still be made out, kinda lol. The Gazoo Racing is an absolute beastly looking car can't wait to see it too.
As for the BMW engine WTF TOYOTA STOP IT PLEASE the BZR carry on with Pooburu should never have happened either, it's just not Pure Toyota anymore :(

Padders_GT

The fact it has a BMW engine kills it for me.

The heart of the Supra is the engine, piss poor that Toyota decided to let BMW supply them with the engine.

Calum122

Member +
The fact it has a BMW engine kills it for me.

The heart of the Supra is the engine, piss poor that Toyota decided to let BMW supply them with the engine.

What was the last engine Toyota made that was shit hot?

Is it possible they let BMW supply the engine cause they're outta touch a little?

Padders_GT

Probably down to cost lets be honest.

I'd take a guess their focus is on hybrid, electric and hydrogen powered engines now.

SKINY

Lifer
There is someone somewhere waiting with a built JZ ready to swap into to restore a little bit off purity it's guaranteed tho

thefalls

Member +
As per the latest news the four cylinder is for the Asian market where the tax brackets punish the big engines, making them unaffordable.
Some may argue that the Supra is meant to have the 3 litre engine only. But they used to have normally aspirated version back in the days, with around 220hp on tap.
This 4 cylinder is rumoured to have around 250 or more hp, hopefully it can be tuned to around 300!

SKINY

Lifer
I'm very fond if yellow cars, seen pics off a few yellow GTs, good looking yellow rolling shell on eBay i seen last week too :cool:

azerty

Supermoderator
Nay... give me Vet instead...

usc50chc063a01303.jpg

Thank you

Jay

Admin
Despite the fanboy uproar I really like them. They have done more harm than good using the Supra name when the older 2000GT is a far more realistic influence:

Wdf03ERqRZ6yisPk7vge8A