Glowpanel repair ?

SKINY

Lifer
noticed the other day a few wee bits of green flaking off ? The GT light, is this common and is there an easy fix ?
was mint condition and wrapped up kept inside before i fitted it
WP_20180926_20_21_29_Pro.jpg

Calum122

Member +
I've seen people respray it for a red look. Definitely what I'd do if I was fortunate enough to own a glowbadge :D

dac69er

Super Moderator
most go like that eventually unfortunately.
I plan on repairing one of mine. i think a combination of spray and/or coloured adhesive plastic is the way to go. need to have a better look at it and see what is going to work best.

SKINY

Lifer
Pity they didn't make green lens repair tape, I used it to excellent effect on the Rep for the fog light :)

thomllee1981

Member +
have 2 glow panels both have done this the repair isnt an easy job took 1 apart and it snapped into pieces! the green lettering is on a paper like material. use coloured acetate and a vinyl cutting printer or vinyls have seen this done with good results.

the unit it is housed in is glued to seal it hence the breakages. there is a light on either end that shines down it across reflective surfaces.

they are repairable but be careful getting the boot piece off isnt an easy task either.

best advice take your time! and dont force anything. its almost 30 year old plastic!!!

SKINY

Lifer
Cheers folks, will be looking into it soon enough. No worries getting the panel off its only on with the 2 bolts and no more nails tape :)