1991 ep82 brake rotors

I am Trying to order new brake rotors and pads for my 1991 ep82 starlet, all i can find is rotors to fit 1992-1999 models but ive read the 1991 are different size which i cant find anywere,

Has anyone else been through this and know what the dofference is amd were to find them? Looking for vented front and rear rotors if possible?

Jay

Admin
Centre bore of the mk1 gt was 54mm, this changed to 55mm from 1992 with the launch of the mk2.

You could get a spacer made up locally to use the later discs. Know plenty who just bolt them on regardless and to hell with wheel balancing!

Either toyota or blueprint for mk1 discs, both did them in both 54 and 55 flavours.

Jay

Admin
Would be marginal, doubt you'd even notice at speed tbh but it's best to mention the difference.

Jay

Admin
If you look up m-tech brakes they might be able to ship across. They offer both grooved and dimpled versions, front and rear. Can also get them coated in different colours too.

dac69er

Super Moderator
That would be one slim ass spacer lol

you would normally bore it out and then use a larger spacer. this is what i did when fitting the astra discs and st165 twin pots. the spacer was pressed into the disc so it was essentially part of it.

its handy to know blueprint do the 54mm version for when i no doubt replace the stock discs on mine at some point.

SKINY

Lifer
you would normally bore it out and then use a larger spacer. this is what i did when fitting the astra discs and st165 twin pots. the spacer was pressed into the disc so it was essentially part of it.

its handy to know blueprint do the 54mm version for when i no doubt replace the stock discs on mine at some point.
Corsa C SXI discs bud, straight on with the twinpots no messing about :)
Edit, you will need a spigot ring/ spacer to centre the discs on the hub

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
Corsa C SXI discs bud, straight on with the twinpots no messing about :)
Edit, you will need a spigot ring/ spacer to centre the discs on the hub

i know, i did the first documented conversion with those discs. i actually used ones that were meant for an astra, but i believe they are the same disc.
they will fit straight on, but if you want it to be 100% centred in the caliper you need to take a skim off the inside of the disc.
i have all the dimensions somewhere......

the spigot ring spacer bit was what i was talking about.

SKINY

Lifer
i know, i did the first documented conversion with those discs. i actually used ones that were meant for an astra, but i believe they are the same disc.
they will fit straight on, but if you want it to be 100% centred in the caliper you need to take a skim off the inside of the disc.
i have all the dimensions somewhere......

the spigot ring spacer bit was what i was talking about.
Aye we should do a proper guide bud :) just looking at them earlier too lol. Slight difference between the 2 I have here but can measure them up.
Had a look at the guide on ukso but couldn't make sense of it, too many inputs no proper answer, even when I asked, that place is pants :eek::D

dac69er

Super Moderator
i think i did one previously with pictures and dimensions, but it was a long while ago. probably 10 years ago or something!!!!