few issues, injectors cutting out in 10 second intervals and EMU signal problem...

goldenvtr

Member +
update, i now belive this to be an emanage fault.

i tried running another ignitor and coil in paralell and it made no diffrence. so i took the time to remove the emanage and put stock 315injectors in. it ran bloody rich but no fault.

now i just need to find out why the emanage is causing this?

oh an no more code 14 at the moment so im guessing that was just the broken HT lead.

Texx

Super Moderator
You sure you've not got a wiring issue with the EMU that would have been removed when swapping back to the stock ECU?

goldenvtr

Member +
its on a feild harness mate, only think i had to do was quickly rewire the stock map sensor wire as it had split. but its all 100% the same as 18months ago when it ran perfectly.

im thinking the jumper settings are wrong, but i can see where the fault would be as ive triple checked it all. :(

the emanage does seem to be being gay with ignition signal. itll read fine but then when i use launch control it will throw the ignition reading out by around 180deg

read around +30 then will read about -160deg but this is a diffrent issue as neither timming reading causes knock or affects the map in anyway. & it still cuts out over 2000rpm on light throttle.

goldenvtr

Member +
That could suggest the IDL terminal is being grounded, if not by the TPS then possibly by a wiring issue somewhere. The quickest way to eliminate it as a possible cause would be to either remove the pin from the stock ECU connector or cut the wire as close as you can to the ECU connector leaving enough wire length to connect it back up later.

Tried this also made no difference.

Checked all the jumpers on the emu again today and there 100 percent correct.

Rev

Member +
A few thoughts. GoldenV mentions issues over 2000rpm usually this can be when boost comes in the open loop fueling commences plus says solved when fueling without emu so stock open loop was ok . But light throttle over 2000 can be closed loop using o2 sensor so maybe the emanage was effecting this as again stock ecu was ok on its own,
FIO Some power fc will fuel cut when the boost pressure exceeds 0 .25kg/cmsqd over the boost setting if ' boost control kit available' is set even with no controller present. I guess another possibility is setting this setting when you have an incompatible controller .

Last edited: