Hey... Looking to import a starlet.

a51

Fresh Recruit
Hi guys! Joined the forum and after a initial look around it looks like a great place with some very knowledgeable members.

Well the story is that I recently sold my crx and have been looking for a new car.
I've been looking for a import with boost. But all the cars I've seen, I just get a wierd feeling about the sellers and the car :confused: And it puts me off buying it. Plus I really don't want to have so and sosold car.. if you get what I mean.
So I've decided to import a car. Either a Subaru off some sort or a Starlet GT Turbo EP-82 :) I haven't looked to much into Glanza's tbh.

I was just wondering if anyone knew off anyone who imports cars to order? I.E. I give them a list off things I would like, and they find a car to match my criteria.
I have contacted quite a few people off the crx-uk forum already, but they haven't really found anything yet.
Is there anyone who can recommend someone? Or even a company e.g. SVA Imports (I've tried contacting them to no avail)

I know that its not really the best time to import due to the weak pound, but at this moment in time I am the best off that I have ever been and really want to treat myself :p
I'm looking to get one before october, as a 20th Bday present :haha:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Asif

scot-ish

Member +
welcome along,

i thought as you did, and in the long run, came to the conclusion, thats its alot cheaper to just buy one already in the country, gt's are soo cheap now, your better having a nosey and looking for one on ere

TomS

Lifer
Tbh mate it'd be cheaper to find one that's already in the country. But if you really want to import one do it yourself, you'd save yourself a nice bit and it's not as hard as you might first think. Even i could do it.

Edit send these guys a message and they'll find the car you want www.todoroki-trading.com

Have a look on here too although there may be a few dodgy dealers on this http://www.tradecarview.com/

I sent the money off and hoped that i got a car in return lol

Last edited:

Kalpesh

Member +
I recently imported my GT using the tradecarview.com website and had no problems at all, the only sticky point was waiting 35 days for it to arrive on UK shores.

I got me a 1994 with 70k miles which only failed it's mot on one front shock all I need to do now is register with dvla and get road tax and it's ready to drive

if you decide to use the tradecarview website all I would advise is do your home work on the dealers, I googled the dealers and any of it associated details such as address and bank details that with what I found a out about them convinced me to do business with that particular dealer, what was most wierd about it was all contact I made with this dealer was email bearing in mind they are 9 hours ahead of UK time.

The dealership I used is www.daishintrading.com

a51

Fresh Recruit
TomS- It would be cheaper but I really want to import my own, even if its for the experience as I'm sure i'll be doing it again when I'm older.
I've just had a look at the website and sent a message:)

Kapesh- You sound like the kind off person I need to ask some questions :haha: you have a PM!

Idrees- I'm looking for something a little less extreme :haha: I'll be using it as a Daily and the odd track day, so handlings going to be the biggy for me. I don't think I could afford to run 220 horses :p

Idrees

Banned
Either way, you will love it Asif. Even about 180hp or so, they will surprise a lot of bigger cars and are a lot of fun!

a51

Fresh Recruit
I hope so.. I don't like to admit it but I found the crx quite boring :eek: and I hate the rust :mad:

BTW, do you ever do track days? When I get mine, i'm going to be going so if you want ;)

Idrees

Banned
If I have enough time from Uni then of course. My car has the required chassis mods to go around a track! :p

a51

Fresh Recruit
Cool :) I was at uni for 2 months before I left :haha: I will be going back next year though :rolleyes:

Good luck with it, and hopefully see you when I get my car :p