EManage Queries

heathw

Fresh Recruit
Hi all,

I have a ep82 starlet running a 5efhe block and head with 4efte pistons and standard injection. I have fitted a fuel pressure regulator and uprated fuel pump to temporarily up the fuel pressure but the car is only pushing out 120hp at the wheels and running lean down low / rich up high. I have been informed that the injection is most likely restricting my car's performance.

To that end I have decided to look into a Greddy Emanage ECU as that is what everyone appears to be using. I have no experience with these and was wondering if someone could shed some light to my questions below. Any other relevant information would also be helpful.

1) Emanage blue / ultimate - is it worth paying the extra for the ultimate? Can the Emanage blue provide me with all the functionality I need?

2) What do I need to be aware of when buying these units? (will likely be second hand) Do I require a special harness? Does it matter if it has been configured for another car i.e. 6 / 8 cylinder, etc?

3) How difficult is it to wire in? Has anyone done a thread on wiring these in? Does it simply wire into the existing harness to / from the computer?

4) What cant I do with an Emanage? Can I bypass any fuel / boost cuts on the car?

5) How do you guys generally rate these against stand alone ECU's. My concern is price on stand alone

Anything else would be really appreciated. Would be interested to hear gains made with the unit. Im hoping it should unleash the fury on my car.

Thanks

if you are going emanage...please try to get the ultimate (emu) one time

see the tread chris post up for wiring

there are also a few treads around in this forum on the wiring harnesses, etc. which you will need to buy

emanage ultimate has more tuning options than the blue..if your limited on funds you can pick up a blue cheaper than the ultimate..
wiring is fairly simple it can be wired in a matter of 30mins to an hour depending on your skills aswell..
both blue or ultimate can adjust fuel and timing and over-ride the stock boost cut so a need for a fcd would not be necessary..
both are fairly good piggybacks cuz they use the stock ecu as a base map so its easier start up and to go to your tuner..
standalones of course are far superior because the tuning options are endless but it comes down to cost for the ecu,plus wiring and sensors some standalones can use the stock sensor but you would have to start from scratch for the tuning some companys can give you a base map for starters and work off of that..
other than that you seem to have somewhat of the fuel side pretty good for your setup also look into some 330cc injectors..and you should be set.. good luck mate

heathw

Fresh Recruit
is there a specific harness required for the starlet or are they generic? and does it matter if it has been configured for another car?

no specific harness for the emanage its pretty much universal harness and the wiring diagram can be found on here.. for the emanage..theres certain pins that have to be jumpered for the ep82 ecu but its in the same diagram as the wiring

Last edited:

heathw

Fresh Recruit
is someone able to point me in the direction of a suitable thread to review regarding installation of these?

heathw

Fresh Recruit
EManage Queries part 2

Hey brought an Emanage blue have a few minor q's:

1) How do you know how to set the AIR FLOW ADJUSTMENT VOLUME switches, is this done using a a/f meter? or does the unit tell you when its set? or is it adjusted on feel? do you just raise the revs and adjust each switch?

2) Injector harness. My understanding is that the emanage channel 1 & 3 wires are coupld to the factory pulse signal cable for injectors 1 & 3 and similar for injectors 2 & 4. Do you couple the wires before tieing into the factory harness wire, or do they both connect to this wire, or does it not matter? I assume channel 1 is for injector 1, channel 2 for injector 2, etc is this correct?

Thanks for any help. I have trouble reading that wiring diagram everyone throws around

ragz

Member +
sorry cant help with the 1st one but for the second one inj sig channel 1 goes to inj 1n3 and channel 2 goes to inj 2n4 hope that helps

heathw

Fresh Recruit
EManage Queries part 3

Hi all, hopefully approaching the end of my annoying questions. This one is regarding the ignition harness.

I have read that only channel 1 is used as the starlets use distributors, is this correct? Which ecu wire do we cut into on a ep82? 't' is referenced in the emanage blue manual i have found a reference to this 't' in the emanage ultimate manual which is 'ignition timing' on the ep82 pinout, is this the correct one?

What do you guys so with the redundant cables, do you simply not connect them or pull them out? cheers

Last edited: