steroid thread

Russleh

Fresh Recruit
i have no beef with roads or body building but my mate drinks his protien shakes all the time and gyms it up alot and iv always wondered if you gain alot of mass by doin so then ya stop goin to the gym are ya not just gonna loose shape and turn into a squigy thing lol. just seems like once youve started this your only hope would be to keep going to the gym forever :haha:

but i know nothing about any of it so could be completely wrong

GTti

Member +
Missed the action.

I don't see a problem with people posting images of their torso or lifting weights if they are comfortable with it. It's only "gay" if you are homophobic.

Lifting weights is also an art, the user is sculpting themselves just like an artist would sculpt clay.

When you stop weight lifting your muscles do not turn into fat, just as the idea of turning fat into muscle is a myth. Normal life without lifting will see your body switch between anabolic and catabolic states. Catabolism is caused by hormones in the body, cortisol (stress hormone), glucagon (low blood glucose levels) and adrenaline.
After time your body will get back to normal strength and mass depending on your daily routines.
This also relates to why you need extra sources of protein in your diet (either by increased food or supplements). As being mainly anabolic will require more protein as protein is broken down into amino acids which form muscle tissue.

The only problem you might have is that the skin has been stretched and loses elasticity.

GTti

Member +
And btw I haven't read about health and general nutrition for a while (in depth), but these are the rough reasons off the top of my head why you shouldn't take steroids (like any other drug). I'm not saying they're bad or comparing them to anything.

- Firstly in pill form which are the most accessible forms of steroids they are very bad for your liver. Something to do with the liver metabolizing the drug, this process causes liver damage and stress. Alcohol and paracetamol and most other over the counter drugs cause liver damage also. Milkthistle is usually used to offer some protection.

- DHT is a chemical (dihydrotestosterone). Steroid use can increase levels of this chemical which is a problem for hair folicals at the scalp or anyone that has hair loss in their genes. This isn't reversed either.

- Testosterone secreted by your testicles. When using steroids your body significantly reduces it's own production of testosterone or shuts it off completely, this is because of the extra Testosterone like chemicals you are taking in steroid form. This is a problem when you come OFF the steroids, you have to take more drugs to try and kick start your own production.

- Infertility. Can't remember how but know it can cause infertility, probably linked to above.

- Moobs (gynecomastia) and lactating (milk). Men naturally have low levels of estrogen (female hormone). A side effect of most steroids is high levels of estrogen in the body, I believe the body increase its naturally low level of estrogen to match the testosterone levels in your body (could be wrong).
Certain areas (cells) in the body are more receptive to the estrogen hormone (such as the breasts), and this basically causes fat storage in these areas. You need to take forms of anti-estrogen drugs to block the cells responding to estrogen, this needs to be done for weeks after you complete your "course".
Not sure how it causes lactating, but I think the estrogen activates men's milk glands in the breast and there for producting of your very own milk.

Last edited:
There wasnt drama just certain people doing what they do best.

I think its very comical that people call "us" as arseholes although from the thread it is clear to see who is hypocritical isnt the word for it.

I had rage afore nothing has changed!

turboloon

Member +
one of my mates was taking supllements,didn't do any gym work/weights kept living his usual life style i,e burgers beer etc.grew fat as fuck!!! he had a bigger belly than my wife and she was 9mths pregnant!!! was really funny like, he stopped taking the supplements and over a period of time 'lost' the massive bump, but then he got kidney stones ..he told the doctor that he'd been taking all this supplements and the doc told him that to much creatin was probably the cause(or it was summit along those lines) but i think he kinda regrets it now but that was a case of somebody not really looking after them selves!!still whorra funny though!!! i did feel sorry for him fan he hid that kidney stones though!!(he didn't take steroids was just all those damn power shake type things)

Last edited:

potts

Member +
Anybody can get kidney stones so you can't direct that towards the suppliments, his a common case of someone not doin their homework and thinking steroids can bulk you up without any training

turboloon

Member +
mate i was just wanted to share that little story as i found it rather amussing myself,i couldn't give a shit what somebody wants to do with their lifes as long as it dosen't affect me or my family or kids

easty-5

Member +
one of my mates was taking supllements,didn't do any gym work/weights kept living his usual life style i,e burgers beer etc.grew fat as fuck!!! He had a bigger belly than my wife and she was 9mths pregnant!!! Was really funny like, he stopped taking the supplements and over a period of time 'lost' the massive bump, but then he got kidney stones ..he put it down to summit that was in the supplements he was taking ..i can't remeber off hand what the chemical was but i think he kinda regrets it now butthat was a case of somebody not really looking after them selves!!

lmao!!

wickedep

Trader
one of my mates was taking supllements,didn't do any gym work/weights kept living his usual life style i,e burgers beer etc.grew fat as fuck!!! he had a bigger belly than my wife and she was 9mths pregnant!!! was really funny like, he stopped taking the supplements and over a period of time 'lost' the massive bump, but then he got kidney stones ..he put it down to summit that was in the supplements he was taking ..i can't remeber off hand what the chemical was but i think he kinda regrets it now butthat was a case of somebody not really looking after them selves!!

lol...:slap:

any other serious lifter in here? why dont someone start a separate thread lifting/nutrition/supplementation..i'm in for sure :)

sacha
wickedEP Racing

wickedep

Trader
steroids will always be part of bodybuilding. you cannot get to a professional level without it. if someone wants to use em' then its really their business..dont see why anyone else should have an issue with it :beer: ..not advocating its use here...just saying :)

sacha
wickedEP Racing

Phil

Super Moderator
lol...:slap:

any other serious lifter in here?
sacha
wickedEP Racing

GO ON SON !! lol

bodybuilder.jpg

Phil

Phil

Super Moderator
haha i should also mention that despite my attempt at mocking bad english in this pic, both sacha and i both know that his english is probably better than mine!

Phil