turbo blown ?

stew89uk

Fresh Recruit
My glanza is chugging really bad..and on "high" turbo mode wont go past 50mph or hit the first turbo stage light at all..

neone else have this problem and if so needs done to fix it ?? would be great help cheers .. :)

it might just be something simple like spark plugs crossing or worn leads, mine chugged like that before and just got a good service and was running like new then, when was the last time you had it serviced??

gglavin

Member +
could be leads or plugs got wet, although mite just be turbo, did you rag the arse out of it? :p is it smokey?

stew89uk

Fresh Recruit
yea..was racin another glanza..n she hit the limiter and cut-off, straight after she stopped , but then she started.. black smoke has cum out once .. when i start her now she is fine on low turbo an have drove it easy..cos i realli need to get me to work..

my mechanic had it ther last two days, but he seems not to kno wot is wrong..he has nly done diesel cars..think thats y..
how much can ya get a second hand turbo 4.. ?

stew89uk

Fresh Recruit
how can i check for a boost leak ..? it may well be that..or the air filter etc hasnt been changed n a while..

wud it be something as simple as that ?!

akis

Fresh Recruit
can you hear turbo spool at all?
smoke from exhaust? if yes what colour
i/c pipes-joins in possition?
plugs ok? or plug wires
check all these and post back

SupaStu

Member +
It does sound like a boost leak, rubber hose come off somewhere or a large hole in one?

I had a mega hole in my Freelander turbo diesel intercooler hose and the jeep wouldnt hit boost or accelerate well, was very lumpy and chucked out pure black smoke. Changed the hose and it was fixed, easy!

Press and feel all the intercooler hoses there may be a hole or tear that you can only find by touch rather than by sight. Sounds like you get enough boost pressure for one light then the hole opens and the air gets sucked in losing you boost pressure.

Worth a check anyway.

(and I would edit your 2nd post re when it happened, unless you were on a private road / drag strip etc, just a heads up )

Last edited:

stew89uk

Fresh Recruit
starting to think its somethin to do with the fuel plus maybe a boost leak, cos the petrol is bein used up far too quick !! its very very little black smoke only at times...she is chuggin when i come to stop at lights r behind another motor!

SupaStu

Member +
Boost leak will make it worse on fuel, and black reek will mostly come out under acceleration, more air going in the hole with make more fuel go in I think.

Did you check the piping?

stew89uk

Fresh Recruit
just found out today.. its the actuator! wud that be right ? can i get one on here or can ya give me a gud way/price of gettin it ? cheers 4 the help !:)

stew89uk

Fresh Recruit
cos she is lettin air and not closing when the turbo kicks in if ya know wot mean..! i brought it to a m8 of a m8 who is a mechanic an only deals with nissans evos etc ..

corofin12345

Member +
cos she is lettin air and not closing when the turbo kicks in if ya know wot mean..! i brought it to a m8 of a m8 who is a mechanic an only deals with nissans evos etc ..

the spring is normally the problem with the actuators.. ud nearly know yourself if you reach down and see is there much play on the actuator arm.. should be stiff enough.. :)