Picked Up This Today For My V

corofin12345

Member +
picked up this today, some may know that its very rare system and some will know how i go about getting these things.. hehe

KAKIMOTO RACING exhaust system
----------------------------------

axac.jpg

axac1.jpg

a bit of a clean and on she goes

:)

Sparky

Member +
Very rare system and sound awesome from what I have heard :)

I have an Apexi N1 in my shed which is very similar and nicely angled but its rotten :(

Last edited:

D3N0

Member +
Very rare system and sound awesome from what I have heard :)

I have an Apexi N1 in my shed which is very similar and nicely angled but its rotten :(

Same here, Had my Apexi N1 untill it rotted away at the bottom back end of the muffler :(

corofin12345

Member +
good buy john i spotted ya today heading into the limerick tunnel ya where heading towards cork:rockon:

yup must of been me..around 3 or that.... got it down near charleville.. that tunnel is fun.. picked up a hks ssqv the other aswell so tested the nut out of it in the tunnel.. got some dirty looks..lol

Sparky

Member +
Yea D3NO same here and at the front on the downpipe flange, shame, really good looking and sounding system. May get it repaired but im going front exit now

corofin12345

Member +
Nice exhaust lad loud feckers but keep an eye on it there prone to rust

as far as i can see theres no rust.. im goin attacking it with the dye grinder 2moro to shine her up.. im thinking of giving it a coat of metal paint to keep it good but dont know yet.. if i do ill wont be doin the box, just the cat back

Mike_ep91

Member +
that looks the business now man, love the tilted angle of the exhaust, proper jdm lookin. And to think the life this car had before you bought it, good work man keep it up.

corofin12345

Member +
that looks the business now man, love the tilted angle of the exhaust, proper jdm lookin. And to think the life this car had before you bought it, good work man keep it up.

cheers mike.. like hearing that.. ya she was a fair heap when i got her first.. theres no baffles in that box (like that from factory).. getting an insert to quiten her down a bit... cobra exhausts in england do them..

Rory

Lifer
Loved my Kakimoto exhaust, not to quiet, yet not to loud, only issue is they rust from the inside out. :(

corofin12345

Member +
ya had a good look at it when i cleaned it up.. the cat back there was a bit of rust alright but i treated it and removed the rust and goin giving the cat back a paint with (heat) metal paint.. the box itself is perfect..but of road rash but nothing major.. it was so dirty i think it kept away the rust..lol

adam ep

Member +
haha did i notice something there....the bottom of the back box is flatened? i have the same exhaust minus the kakimoto badges n my back box is flatend kinda.....just noticed it in your pics..but only id know because i have the same exhaust...by the way mine is mental loud !!!