misfire question..

Mike_ep91

Member +
Hows a goin all, rite this doesnt relate to starlet but since the problem is with a toyota I thought mite aswell ask on here cause its the best toyota website on the web..

well ive sold the starlet a few weeks back, and ive bought a toyota carina as a runaround. Now in the last week or so its started to develop a missfire. This only happens when the car is warm and after a period of continuos driving.

Ive changed the plugs, leads and the coil and its still at it but only when the car gets warmed up?

all ideas /suggestions on how to fix this as its driving me mental..

Mark-ep91

Member +
could check the rotor in the distribritor aswell mike?or the distribritor metal contacts inside the case?

whats next after selling the glanza?
i loved that car seen it up on dd again!

Mike_ep91

Member +
could check the rotor in the distribritor aswell mike?or the distribritor metal contacts inside the case?

whats next after selling the glanza?
i loved that car seen it up on dd again!

Yeah I was thinkin the distributor and rotor could be the cause of the problem, because everything else spark related has been changed.

I dunno mark, gonna leave the country soon nothin here..but that's another story.haha
Yeah seen it's up for sale alrite, ya it was sweet alrite.

gedis

Member +
yeah its a 1.6 leanburn alrite, ill try that gedis. is it usually just the one that sticks or multiples?

cheers man.

one, sometimes two, easiest way to find out is to swap them around(obviously non working one with the working one, to make sure is injector), but be carefull thei might start leaking as the rubers(o rings) will be gone hard, thei very hard to find and toyota wants 340 euro

Mike_ep91

Member +
one, sometimes two, easiest way to find out is to swap them around(obviously non working one with the working one, to make sure is injector), but be carefull thei might start leaking as the rubers(o rings) will be gone hard, thei very hard to find and toyota wants 340 euro

cheers man, ill give that a try so.. i know of a fella with a good few of them for breaking so mite get spare one from him.

gedis

Member +
cheers man, ill give that a try so.. i know of a fella with a good few of them for breaking so mite get spare one from him.

i though the same first but then thei were all gone, lol let me know if you can dig up extra couple of them for handy money