Just got my 3d TV

Nickzorz

Member +
Today was my final day working for curry's so i decided to take advantage of my staff discount and buy a 3dtv iv had my eye on for a while.

Now iv been living with it for about 2 hours and its everything i expected. Cant wait to get some 3d games going on it.

If your not taken by 3d then go take a look at it cos its awesome!

dac69er

Super Moderator
when you dont have to wear a pair of stupid glasses then maybe. until then i will stick with my 2d tv.

Want a 3d tv but the same can't be bothered with the glasses was told the ones that don't require glasses will be out next year don't know how true it is ?

dac69er

Super Moderator
im sure if nintendo can make a handheld screen that does 3d without glasses for a couple hudred £££ then the it can be done on a tv that costs a grand or 2?

pig666eon

Member +
im sure if nintendo can make a handheld screen that does 3d without glasses for a couple hudred £££ then the it can be done on a tv that costs a grand or 2?

yeah they have done it but you need to hold it in a certain way with the glasses you can be anywhere

nazzurro19

Member +
its stupid if ya ask me , the day after the 3ds there was more then half of the people taking em back complaining saying it hurts there eyes made em squint headaches nausea etc

id hate to watch tv n 15 mins later stop with a headache

Sparky

Member +
My mate has a 50" 3D Samsung and playing COD on it was immense but it does hurt your eyes quite a bit, cant play it too much.

Nickzorz

Member +
Still never get it when people say "i dont wanna have to wear glasses, i look stoopid" your looking at the telly not a mirror.

3d telly without glasses will be years to be affordable (you can have a 19" for £3k) and viewing angle and depth is terrible.

If you get a headache then you need LG's passive 3d TV (I would have got one but was out of budget, i got mine for £450 :p) as it uses the same tech u get in the cinema and the 3d is brilliant and the glassess dont cost a billion quid. But you need to wall mount it (viewing angle isnt as wide (up and down) as the actives)

AdDaMan

Member +
it will be years before no glasses 3d will be a viable option. There are plenty of tvs in japan with this technology but the viewing angle has to be exact so its basically pointless for more than one person.

wesgt

Lifer
for me, 3d in the cinema is cool for all of 2mins, then you don't even notice it, i can live without it.

Well if your happy with your new tv mate then good times :)

my view is i dont mind watchin a 3d film at a cinama but wouldnt wanna at home it does hurt eyes.

Nickzorz

Member +
I didnt really get it for films. I wanna play games on it. Just need to wait for pay day so i can buy my new graphics card.

Note:If you got active shutter glasses for your 3d telly (like me) make sure u watch it with as little ambient light as possible as its the external light sources that cause the headaches.