coolant temperature

1. dark_knight

difference between GT & Glanza coolant (cylinder head) housing/body

pardon the unclear title and fuzzy picture but the camera i had then was causing and i needed to leave. i have this from a purchased engine (which apparently was from a glanza) since the GT has more sensors here. now, the engine is intended for use in a GT which has the extra sensor you can see...
  2. dark_knight

absolute minimum engine temp for safe running

hey.. so after my td04 conversion, all is running well now, with my half rad from a toyota duet.. but i've been curious; what's the safest lowest engine temp for safe running..? since i have my rad fan override, i noticed in the past that even after the engine got warm and i let the fan run...
  3. dark_knight

cold-, warm- & hot-idle control

can anyone confirm whether the stock ECU uses just the coolant temp to regulate idling or if it checks both coolant temp and oil pressure. i'm starting to suspect that it uses both -- ever since i got my gauges, i've noticed that at times i can be at 90 deg C coolant temp but oil is still in the...
  4. dark_knight

head/block-warping temps

at what temps are you likely to warp your block/head past recoverable levels..? i recently ditched my air-con, meaning the auxiliary fan went with it, but now, i'm getting slow-moving traffic temps of about 92 deg C -- at ~94, the rad fan will kick in as it should. but once on the move, it will...
  5. dark_knight

temps & pressure

just wondering, assuming an ambient air temp of about 25 deg C, what should i have as the norm readings for: - coolant temp? - oil temp? - oil pressure? all this based on non-abusive/gentle use of the car. urban/town driving off-boost. running fairly standard on a ct9b @0.7bar, tmic...