engine

1. G

Can anyone ID these pistons ?

Found a picture of when I had my head off, it’s an old engine built probably over 10 years ago, just out of interest if anything
  2. N

Hks ecu

Hi guys does anyone know about the hks f con ecu ?
  3. N

Tachometer

Where could I buy a cluster for my ep82 gt
  4. N

Rev meter not functioning properly

Hi guys I have an automatic ep82 gt and I’m currently doing a restoration on it but I ran in to an issue and would like a some advice on it … my car revs but the amount of rev is not corresponding to the rev meter in the dash board …. Please help
  5. bender

What gaskets to buy when doing valve adjustment

I'm just wondering the gaskete I will need to he ordering when doing the valve adjustment on a 4efte, thanks
  6. Y

Over Fuelling and rough idle when cold

Hi im new to the group. I've got a 94 GT and its developed a problem where its is running very rough when its cold but this stops when the car warms up a bit. Since this problem has started the car has also started over fuelling running rich and burning a ridiculous amount of fuel. I've changed...
  7. B

4EFTE Engine

Hi folks - I'm looking for a complete 4EFTE engine. I can collect if not too far, I'm based in Scotland, however if further I'd need it couriered - I can arrange courier etc. but would need it palletised. Cheers, Kev.
  8. Padders_GT

Hi-Torq MLS 1.4mm Head Gasket

Brand New Hi-Torq MLS Performance Head Gasket £45 Application: Toyota Starlet GT Turbo EP82 / Toyota Glanza EP91 Engine: 1.3 Turbo 4E-FTE / 4EFTE Thickness: 1.4 mm Product Code: 100160 Taken from their website; Hi-Torq MLS performance head gaskets are at the forefront of sealing...
  9. darylmc93

Can I put standard 1.3 block into my glanza v

Hey guys might be a stupid question but I have a glanza v 1.3 turbo and 2 years ago I blew the piston rings and I started to rebuild it but family things piped up so had to stop half way through so I don't remember what bolts go were all I need is a engine block to get her back on the road but I...
  10. S

Newbie in need of help,please

Hi everyone.iv followed this forum for quite a while but iv never set up and account. Iv had my 1997 Glanza v for about 2years now I sold it for a while but regretted it after about a day and had to buy it back. Well a couple of months ago my car started spraying oil out the rocker cover...
  11. T

Engine swap on a 1999 Rav4

Hey people, I'm trying to turn a Rav4 into a tuner rav (Just without all the bullcrap rice add-ons.) So first thing I'm trying to do is swap the engine for a 3SGTE 4th or 6th gen engine into my rav4, will the engine work with the AWD setup or not? If not what engines should I use?
  12. J

Wossner piston question

Hi guys. Was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advise. Im in the process of rebuilding my engine with Forged internals and came across a very reasonably priced set of Wossner pistons on this site: http://www.futuremotorsports.com/WOSSNER-FORGED-PISTON-KIT-74.00mm.html However it...
  13. dark_knight

project: dark KNIGHT, engine rebuild

don't have a paid account here so pardon me if this is in the wrong section.. but i am rebuilding my motor and i thought i should share my progress. i would not mind critique and any ideas from the vast pool of knowledge here since most of mine is derived from hands-on experience and i may not...
  14. J

Pistons + rods

Hi guys. Im in urgent need of pistons and rods (if stiil attached) for my GT. If anyone knows of any for sale please let me know. Thanks.
  15. T

bushes and mounts

i want to get all new bushes and mounts for my mk1 gt but i cant get the car on a ramp yet: what are the different bushes called? and how many engine/subframe mounts are there? finally an estimated price for the lot?
  16. S

What is this engine?

Can anybody identify this engine? I saw the photo a while ago on facebook, but it didn't have any details... I was thinking it looks a bit like the old corolla engines but not sure. How reliable & tunable are these engines? Also, does anybody know how much work is involved in shoehorning it...
  17. Bullet00th

4EFTE engine

For sale: EP82 engine Item Condition: Used but perfect condition Price and price conditions: £495 Extra Info: This engine is currently fitted to my Toyota Corolla. The engine conversion was carried out by Tuning Developments. Decided to break the car due to money problems and buying...
  18. wildchild

Help! Sera 4EFTE swap engine misfiring

Hi. I swapped in a 4efte to my sera. was running the 5EFE earlier. Im temporarily running the stock wire harness, stock alternator, stock distributor and stock ecu. the turbo outlet is not connected to the intake mani. its just open and i have connected the stock TB hose to the air cleaner box...
  19. D

engine gone:-(

not to sure if im posting in the right section. my gt has been of the road for quite some time between different problems arising with it between between brakes, clutches, slave cylinders, cv joints, cables and sensors. i had to change my head gasket (as there was water in the oil and kept...
  20. R

New engine high idle problems

i just put a used 30000 mile engine into my ep82 and its idling around 1500 rpm how can i reduce this?