gearbox

1. Badmoon

C160 gearbox problem

Hi everyone! Last night a problem occured with my C160 gearbox. When downshifting from 3rd to 2nd gear I felt like the shifter went way to the left then it usually do and 2nd gear didn't engage. I didn't hear anything wrong inside the gearbox but now none of the gears that engage down don't...
  2. M

Trd gearbox mount

Alright guys, my gearbox mount front and rear are both nackered. Was looking to replace them with the poly bush but have been told they rattle the crap out of everything so I was looking trd ones or even would anybody know where to get them or last my last option, where could I get oem bushes...
  3. Arnold

Lost my gears! Help please

Hey guys Car has been set for a week and when parked, it was running alright. Drove it about half a mile but my gear lever went soft / no resistance. I tried to downshift into second and there was nothing there, the engine just revved as if I was in neutral. I managed to get first and parked...
  4. T

bushes and mounts

i want to get all new bushes and mounts for my mk1 gt but i cant get the car on a ramp yet: what are the different bushes called? and how many engine/subframe mounts are there? finally an estimated price for the lot?
  5. S

WANTED - EP82/EP91 Gearbox

I'm after a EP82/EP91 turbo gearbox in decent condition - the closer to Cambridgeshire the better. Need it mid next-week at the latest so I can get the car all ready for breaking into the 13s at Ultimate Street Car :) Post here or PM me with a location and a price. Cheers
  6. C

THE never ending leak..

Its got to the point the amount of leaks i'm getting are becoming amusing. After sealing 5 different places on my gearbox, and changing driveshaft seals to stop tranny fluid leaking after a transmission rebuild... I now have engine oil dripping frequently from where the gearbox meets the engine...
  7. C

Unbelievably irritating leak!

I first noticed tranny fluid dripping from the bottom of the box after it had been rebuilt. I have changed the driveshaft seal (Passengers side) as I thought it was that but still the leak persists... Also when I took it off, there was no fluid left in it at all, after maybe 2-3 weeks of...
  8. C

Help please! Unusual trace of gear box leak

I have a drip off the bottom of the gear box leaving a small puddle each day of tranny fluid. I've cleaned it all off and tried to track the leak to be 100% it is the crank shaft seal after reading up on so many people replacing theirs! Although the leak appears to be from higher and tracing...
  9. dark_knight

cold transmission = difficult gear changes?

i have a C56 / 02A transmission running on 85w-90 oil. it's mostly warm all year round here but of late, it's been bitingly cold coz our short rains are here. since i have to leave early some mornings, i noticed that gear changes are a little challenging until i've run a few miles and i guess...
  10. Brendanlez

EP91 Gearbox

Looking for a gearbox, preferably with a diff pm me let me know what yas have, would also like it to be somwhere i can collect it
  11. munday

Glanza C56 Gearbox

For sale: C56 Glanza Gearbox Item Condition: Pops out of 5th gear, so needs new 5th gear assembly. Idler bearings are also noisy, forgot to mention before :slap: Price and price conditions: £50 ono Extra Info: Ideal for a rebuild or for spares, 70k miles Pictures...
  12. TO82

Checking LSD Type

Hi guys, just wondering how difficult it is to open up a gearbox to find what type of LSD it has, as i may be getting an lsd box but i duno what type of lsd is in there and certain LSD's need certain oils do they not, asin would using standard gbox oil with a certain lsd damage it etc? Any...