oil pressure

1. dark_knight

oil (pressure) dashboard light

so, earlier today in traffic, i turned off my engine coz we were not moving anywhere for a long minute. but.. on turning my ignition back to 'ON', all the other dash lights except the oil (& seat belt since i was belted in) came on. then a few seconds later, it popped to life, before i cranked...
  2. dark_knight

how much is too much?

two questions here: what's the allowable max oil pressure you can have when running your engine from stone cold temps..? i'm running 15w-40 and usually see around 4.5bar oil pressure on cold start (with ambient temps of about 18 deg C). this should only technically only allow you to rev until...
  3. dark_knight

cold-, warm- & hot-idle control

can anyone confirm whether the stock ECU uses just the coolant temp to regulate idling or if it checks both coolant temp and oil pressure. i'm starting to suspect that it uses both -- ever since i got my gauges, i've noticed that at times i can be at 90 deg C coolant temp but oil is still in the...
  4. dark_knight

temps & pressure

just wondering, assuming an ambient air temp of about 25 deg C, what should i have as the norm readings for: - coolant temp? - oil temp? - oil pressure? all this based on non-abusive/gentle use of the car. urban/town driving off-boost. running fairly standard on a ct9b @0.7bar, tmic...