wastegate

1. dark_knight

manual boost controller on stock actuator

i've been thinking of better boost control but i currently only have the OEM actuator as getting HKS or similar locally is a bit of a tall order. because of the weakening actuator spring due to age, i have bent the arm back slightly to give more tension on the WG, and it works great as i'm...
  2. dark_knight

stock actuator operation

now, just some food for thought. i have the stock actuator and it has two nipples on it, obviously one is the intake line and the other expels charge air. i'm just wondering how come on some after-market setups (like hks), the actuators only have one nipple, and i would presume this is plumbed...
  3. S

Oil restrictor?

I got me a Garrett GT2556R of a R34 GTR (which uses 2 of them), it has an internal oil restrictor, looks like about 1.5mm. I think this might be too big, maybe go down to about 1 - 0.8mm? I still have to get a manifold made, should I go external wastegate or use the internal one? The A/R...
  4. B

Externally gated TD04 Kit, Half size race Rad and more...

For sale: WEPR externally gated TD04 kit Item Condition: Used but good Price and price conditions: £800 , includes everthing needed to fit including tial wastegate Pictures: Contact Details: PM or reply Location: Ballymena, NI Delivery & Conditions of Delivery: Buyer pays postage or...
  5. C

Converting to External Wastegate query

Hi, Got everything I need now to convert to an external gate setup on my hybrid as like a few other people I just cannot control the internal gate's creep properly. I have a dilema though, regarding the internal gate. I know the general motto round here is whip the turbo off and get the gate...