water pump

1. dark_knight

coolant pump: how to know when dying

just wondering from the vast pool of knowledge here if there is any other way of knowing when your coolant pump is about to pack up. i know the obvious fault would be overheating but before it gets that serious, water pump squeaking..? minor leaks around it..? any info will be appreciated..
  2. dark_knight

coolant pump: pressure control

just had an interesting thought.. i know the alternator has a voltage protection circuit/system that prevents it from churning out more than 14.4 VDC or thereabout.. and the oil pump has a pressure relief valve that prevents oil pressure building up too high when the engine revs go...
  3. B

2 types of water pump !?!? "pics added"

hi there, Just got a new water pump and It looks slightly different as the old one has a bolt on pulley and the new one is a pressed on type. there looks to be no difference between them other than one being really shiny and new the pulleys look to be in the same position and angle. does...
  4. dark_knight

squeaking noise from (lower / rear) engine belt-side

before you behead me on this being a repeat post, please read and see if you can aid me in brainstorming.. :p i have all new belts, cam, alternator and ps so no, they are not worn. all these belts are also properly tightened and not wet. now, the scenario is, on occasion, following a...
  5. The_Notorious_C_A_T

Timing belt and water pump guide *

Right, set out to do the timing belt on my car as per my garage post, here's a little guide how to do the belt, and the water pump. Note this may not be the perfect way at all (very likely tbh) but it worked for me. But constructive opinions are always welcomed as it's really to help folk who...